Sirimoto flex fuel kit 2010 si

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
shacklemenot0

Sirimoto flex fuel kit 2010 si

Post by shacklemenot0 »

Hello, my car came with a flex fuel kit, however there is no flex fuel available here within 100 miles.
My question is that I want to put 310cc injectors & remove the 550cc, & bypass the kit of possible? I don’t really want to mess with uninstalling the whole kit.

Is there a way I can bypass it & run a non flex fuel map?
Would I have to use the ect2 sensor located on the bottom of the radiator & plug it back into the car’s harness?
Or would I leave it plugged into the sirimoto kit?

If I could bypass it, I’m wondering if I could use a non flex fuel 91 Base cal, instead of the one that’s currently tuned for 550cc & flex fuel?
I’m trying to go back to stock as much as possible to eliminate anything that’s making my car run like garbage
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Sirimoto flex fuel kit 2010 si

Post by Spunkster »

If the kit is installed you need to keep it enabled. The whole point of a Flex fuel kit is that it can adjust itself based on the ethanol content. This allows you to use non ethanol fuel and up to E85.
shacklemenot0

Post by shacklemenot0 »

That’s not what a reputable tuner told me.
He told me to remove the kit & go to 310cc
Because “if the flex fuel is connected but running a random file with some random dead times and some sensors are not enabled it’s going to run rough”

So I don’t know?
Thanks…
Now I’m more confused
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

If you have changed the injectors it will need to be retuned. If you don't want the flex fuel sensor then it should be completely removed.
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

I would think if you don't want to run the flexfuel sensor you can turn it off in the tune. It will still be in the car but it will not make any changes. If you changed the injectors you will need a retune.

-Ed
shacklemenot0

Post by shacklemenot0 »

If I turn it off in the calibration, would I have to unplug the sensor from it, & plug it back into the bottom of the radiator?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

yes