New Hondata problem

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
fgfournet

New Hondata problem

Post by fgfournet »

I ordered a Hondata last week and I recieved it in on Wed. It was a completed unit, basically plug and play. I tried to start my car with the Hondata in it and it jumped to about 3000rpms and slowly died out. I went into the Smanager and made sure the itr base map was loaded and tried again to start the car. It wouldn't even turn over. I know that I'm suppose to give the calibrations, but all I used was the itr base map that came with the Smanager. Has anyone had this problem. I sent the Hondata back to see if the vendor could figure out what was wrong. I have a stock itr with no mods on it. I'm just a little worried that I spent the money on this ECU and it doesn't even start the car.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Did the ecu have the OBD2 plugs built into it? What year is your car?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

If the engine won't turn over, it is nothing to do with the ECU. However, if the engine won't start, first check that you have the correct type of ECU for the vehcile (OBDIIA or OBDIIB). Next, upload a base calibration, then datalog while you try to start the engine.

In your case check that the ECU type (OBDIIA or OBDIIB) is matched to the vehicle - otherwise the car won't start as you described.
Hondata
fgfournet

Post by fgfournet »

I have a the plug ins on the ECU. It was said to be an OBDIIB set up. I have a 2001 itr. Is this correct for my vehicle? This was what they sent me when I told them the type of car I had. I think it was a fuel delivery problem. It took me priming the pump three times before it would start with the stock p73 ECU back in the car. I'm fairly new to the ECU stuff. What is the difference between OBDIIA and B? I apologize, I miss worded what I ment in the first post, when saying it wouldn't turn over. Correction: It turns over with no fuel delivery, as you said it won't start, but does turn over. Sorry.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

With the lid off, look at the red circuit board on the built in adapter...does it say OBD2a or OBD2b?
fgfournet

Post by fgfournet »

The Ecu was an OBD2B. There was a hardware problem that is going to be fixed and I'm getting another ECU sent to me. Thanks for all the suggestions. Thankfully, this isn't a problem I have to figure out on my own. Learn something new every day.