Hondata FK8 Fuel System

FK2 Civic Type R 2015-2017, FK8 Civic Type R 2017-2021, FL5 Civic Type R 2023+ and Integra Type S 2024+
RadicalBaka

Hondata FK8 Fuel System

Post by RadicalBaka »

So I’m starting to think I bit off more than I can chew.
Recently bought a 2020 CTR I thought was a good deal, already had a few mods that I was planning on installing myself anyway.
Long story short, I just sent in my ECU and FlashPro to hondata to get the ECU unlocked from another FlashPro.
So the next issue is I just remembered being told the car had the Hondata FK8 Fuel System upgrade and that’s when my heart sunk even further.
Will the car still start when I get my ECU and FlashPro back? If not what do I do to get everything working. I don’t have contact with the previous owner and so far everything has been such a pain. I started this whole ordeal to fix the CEL from the downpipe and it’s becoming a huge money sink.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Hondata FK8 Fuel System

Post by Spunkster »

If your FlashPro does not have the Fuel system capabilities unlocked on it you will need to also purchase the software unlock for it: https://www.hondata.com/fk8-fuel-pump-s ... earch=fuel
RadicalBaka

Post by RadicalBaka »

Spunkster wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:01 am If your FlashPro does not have the Fuel system capabilities unlocked on it you will need to also purchase the software unlock for it: https://www.hondata.com/fk8-fuel-pump-s ... earch=fuel
I’ve seen that, so buying this would work even if I don’t have the serial number?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You will need the fuel system serial number to purchase it.
RadicalBaka

Post by RadicalBaka »

Spunkster wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:09 am You will need the fuel system serial number to purchase it.
Would you know how I’d get access to that? I bought this car from the dealership and can’t get ahold of the previous owner.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Without the registration card or the box there is no way to know what the serial number is.

How do you know that it has a fuel system?
RadicalBaka

Post by RadicalBaka »

Spunkster wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:46 am Without the registration card or the box there is no way to know what the serial number is.

Forgive my I’m still new to learning all this and new to the platform but when I was buying the car they were listing off what the previous owner has done. They said “Hondata Fuel injection w/ gas tune”. Which didn’t really make too much sense, but watching people install the system, I decided to go look in the engine bay and it does have “Hondata” printed on the fuel pump? Sorry if it’s the wrong name but the metal injector like thing that helps push gas behind the engine. Which comes with the whole system from what I can tell.
RadicalBaka

Post by RadicalBaka »

RadicalBaka wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:54 am
Spunkster wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:46 am Without the registration card or the box there is no way to know what the serial number is.

Forgive my I’m still new to learning all this and new to the platform but when I was buying the car they were listing off what the previous owner has done. They said “Hondata Fuel injection w/ gas tune”. Which didn’t really make too much sense, but watching people install the system, I decided to go look in the engine bay and it does have “Hondata” printed on the fuel pump? Sorry if it’s the wrong name but the metal injector like thing that helps push gas behind the engine. Which comes with the whole system from what I can tell.
This piece Says hondata on it
Attachments
F6A672DD-1BC7-4D2C-947B-8C8BE4A8E176.png
F6A672DD-1BC7-4D2C-947B-8C8BE4A8E176.png (3.19 MiB) Viewed 2169 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Have you tried to order a new unlock code from the website?
RadicalBaka

Post by RadicalBaka »

Spunkster wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:04 pm Have you tried to order a new unlock code from the website?
Support got back to me and they got me squared away. I appreciate your time and help
jp554731@gmail.com

Post by jp554731@gmail.com »

RadicalBaka wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:15 pm
Spunkster wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:04 pm Have you tried to order a new unlock code from the website?
Support got back to me and they got me squared away. I appreciate your time and help
What was the solution so other people can learn?