Can't use iOS Hondata app, or head-unit app with FlashPro for 2020 FK8

Post by julianstogs »

TECHNICAL INFO, SOFTWARE VERSIONS, ETC.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Vehicle
2020 FK8 (USA)

FlashPro Info
Race edition
Serial: FP-CTR-FK8-355525 (2017+ Civic Type R Americas)
Firmware: Updated yesterday, right after updating to the latest FlashProManager for desktop (v4.0.8)

iOS Info
Device: iPhone 12 Pro Max
iOS Version: 16.3.1

Hondata app (iOS)
v1.5.1 (released 3 weeks ago)
Installed when purchasing the "Hondata Complete" package

Hondata app (free, head-unit version)
Installed latest v1.6.0.0 from Hondahack's online installer, as well as USB/APK method where APK was downloaded directly from Hondata website

ISSUE DESCRIPTIONS
----------------------------------------------------------------

iOS App Problem
I downloaded the "Hondata Package" which includes the "Hondata Complete" and "Auto Logger Pro" apps. With the Hondata iOS app, v1.5.1 (released 3 weeks ago) the app is either incorrectly reporting, or incorrectly receiving engine data updates.

"Connection with response" Enabled: The app will continuously search, and connect to the Flashpro, but disconnects again immediately after connecting. This will happen continuously.

"Connection with response" Disabled: The app connects and stays connected to the Flashpro, however most of my gauges do not update. RPM value flickers with values that do not match the actual engine RPM, and the graph/gauge does not animate. This is the case for most of my sensor values. The only thing that seems to be accurate is my coolant temp. (I compared coolant temp to the temp reported by the CarPlay LogR app from Honda)

Hondata head-unit app
2020 FK8 Hondata head-unit app cannot connect to the Flashpro. When I press the connect button, I am presented with a device list that shows my Flashpro, but every single time I try to connect the connection status shows "Connecting to null..." and then "Failed to connect, retrying" (or something similar) and then the app instantly crashes/force-closes.

I have emailed support, and provided videos / photos to make reduce back-and-forth questions, but hoping I may get some assistance more quickly here. This flashpro was brand new, I just received it on 4-12 or 4-13 of 2023. One of the main reasons I chose the FlashPro over other tuner options, was because the Hondata apps looked so great. They had great reviews, but I'm not getting a little disappointed. Hoping that there's something simple to fix this, whether it be resetting the FlashPro, using a different version, or a small code fix with a new update released.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Can't use iOS Hondata app, or head-unit app with FlashPro for 2020 FK8

Post by Spunkster »

With everything plugged in and the ignition in the on position, go to the Help menu and click on “send feedback”. Include a detailed description of the issue.