2014 accord automatic remove rev limiter in park

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2008+ Accord, Americas and international
chewy_tha_baller

2014 accord automatic remove rev limiter in park

Post by chewy_tha_baller »

I'm looking at doing a transmission swap to my 2014 accord EXL V6 sedan. Looking at swapping in a manual transmission from the V6 coupe. Thinking the path of least resistance will be to use the automatic transmission PCM as-is and dealing with missing sensors.

Main issue right now is rev limiter. I plan to 'leave it in neutral' while driving around with the manual transmission. Problem is the PCM limits the engine to something like 5,000 RPM in neutral and park, which is where the gear selector would be permanently sitting with the manual transmission.

Does Hondata allow me to increase the rev limiter in park/neutral on this thing? If yes, then that's good enough for now and I'll figure out the rest separately.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: 2014 accord automatic remove rev limiter in park

Post by Spunkster »

I would recommend selling the vehicle you have and purchasing a vehicle that originally came with a manual transmission. This will most likely be cheaper and easier and will have less headaches.
chewy_tha_baller

Post by chewy_tha_baller »

It doesn't exist, honda didn't put a V6 manual in the sedan. They did in the coupe. I don't want a coupe, but I do have the V6 sedan & want project to work on. This isn't a daily driver, it's a spare car collecting dust next to a barn right now. I understand what I'm getting myself into.

I'm looking to know if the 5,000RPM rev limit in neutral can be removed or increased to the normal rev limit in drive when using the Hondata tool. If it can, then it solves the main issue I got at the moment. Just want to verify before I spend the ~$800 or so for the tool.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

I'm sorry, but this is not something we can assist with.