High Knock Count

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
TJPenn1

High Knock Count

Post by TJPenn1 »

Apologies if i'm creating an over-talked about post, but I haven't came across any info that could help me solve what's going on.
I have a 2007 Civic si and my parts list are as followed:
SKUNK2 MegaPower Header
SKUNK2 MegaPower R 70mm
SKUNK2 Black series intake manifold
AEM SRI

For the past few months I've had knocks in cylinders 2 and 3 in every drive. Originally, I had the civic-si-RRB-5-skunkHdr tune uploaded to my car but it started throwing rich codes so I decided to put the AEM sri tune on. Mind you, I have little to no experience whatsoever with tuning, but I'm just not currently able to fork up the money for an e-tune/dyno tune so I've been trying to solve this myself. All my knowledge has derived from post on this forum, 8thcivic, and YouTube lol. I gave a shot at using the live tuning feature recently with the aem sri tune, I'm no longer throwing codes but I can still tell from the extra exhaust gurgles & pops and lost power, that somethings not right. My most recent drive was this morning headed back home from work, 30 min commute, and as shown in the datalog, this was my highest number of knocks I've gotten yet. I totaled out at 333 knocks in cyl 3 and as well noticed while coming to a stop my IGN drops at most to -2 for about 10 secs before rising back up. This as well was the first time I noticed getting knocks at 10+ at a time, and they all seem to be under low load low rpm. I'm clueless as to what could be causing this and a noob like myself still has a lot of knowledge to gain on the subject matter, so any guidance received would be MUCH appreciated. just want to get her running smooth again
Attachments
datalog22.fpdl
(12.47 MiB) Downloaded 93 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: High Knock Count

Post by Spunkster »

You have to try reducing the timing where you are getting knocking.
TJPenn1

Post by TJPenn1 »

Spunkster wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:19 pm You have to try reducing the timing where you are getting knocking.
will I be in ignition low to reduce timing? (sorry if I'm asking a dumb question) the graph is showing the moment my knock count went from 2 to 59 within seconds... dont think the lines are supposed to cross like that
Attachments
IMG_3489.jpg
IMG_3489.jpg (2.54 MiB) Viewed 2084 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Whichever table it is reading from at the time of the knocking.
ArticWolf

Post by ArticWolf »

Hello I just got my carb legal hondata and the app. All I have done is a Ktuned CAI and when I shift into 5th gear it says I’m knocking mostly in cylinder two but it’s excessive all around. It jumps from 40 to 270 in the matter of seconds I’m not sure how to work the hondata yet but that’s my issue rn.