Odd Datalogging Issue - Time Scale and Analog Inputs

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
mp57078

Odd Datalogging Issue - Time Scale and Analog Inputs

Post by mp57078 »

Hi everyone, I have a recent on-board datalogging issue that has popped up. For the last few years, the on-board datalogging has worked great. I activate/de-activate the logging via a switch connected to the service connector, and have that setup in the parameters. Typically, I will log around 4-6 1-2 minute autocross runs in a day. When I get home, I download the logs to a laptop and erase them from the ECU. Just recently, I installed 4 sensors via the analog inputs. I have installed 2 Bosch temp sensors, 1 Delphi temp sensor, and 1 0-100psi 0-5v pressure transducer. When I have the laptop connected and monitoring via the display tab "live", the setup of the sensors and the displayed values all seem correct and verified with handheld thermometers. However, since the sensor installs, I am having two datalogging issues. 1. When I record, download, and view a log from the on-board recording on the laptop, the time scale seems twice as long as the time period from which it was recorded over. For example, if I have the datalogging switch activated for 1 minute, the datalog when downloaded is 2 minutes long. When replaying the datalog and watching on the display tab, it's like all values are changing at half-speed. 2. When viewing these datalogs on the laptop, the OEM sensors and values all change as expected. But, the four analog input have values that do not make any sense (2000+ deg F oil temp, etc), and the values stay the same and do not change. This seems odd since they all report correctly when the laptop is connected and the display tab is monitoring "live". Has anyone else run into this issue or have a suggestion to look into?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Odd Datalogging Issue - Time Scale and Analog Inputs

Post by Spunkster »

What is the serial number that is on the s300 board inside the ECU?

From Help, About, what is the version of software you are using?
mp57078

Post by mp57078 »

My s300 serial number is # 40689. The SManager software version is 2.8.2.0 Build 3207. I am logging on-board at 25hz, is that too fast of a rate for the on0board logging to handle with the addition of the four new sensors?
mp57078

Post by mp57078 »

And attached here is the calibration file and example on-board datalog. The time scale is roughly 2x real time (2 minute datalog vs 1 minute actual time), and all sensors seem to log ok except for the four analog inputs.
Fuel Tuning 2023-05-06.skl
(47.07 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
2023-05-28 - 1.s3d
(407.02 KiB) Downloaded 76 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Our software engineers are looking into this.
mp57078

Post by mp57078 »

Sounds good, thank you. Ove this weekend I datalogged directly to the laptop, and everything recorded and replayed correctly - including all OEM sensors and analog inputs. I did not try using the on-board datalogging.