a few questions about sensors....

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
turbolude97

a few questions about sensors....

Post by turbolude97 »

when I loaded my basemap (the prelude one) and was looking at the sensor readings (key in II postion) I noticed my AIT was reading 124 degrees even though it was only 50 degrees outside, my TPS was at 26% with the throttle closed and would not change if I opened the throttle, the PA sesnor was going all over the place, and my map sensor had no reading.
is this normal? How do you figure out the settings for the map sensor if you are not using one of the preprogramed ones? I have a MSD 3 bar btw.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Does it do this with the car running?
turbolude97

Post by turbolude97 »

I didnt try starting the car because I wanted to make sure everything was correct before I did. and how do you set the map sensor #'s (offset and scalar) if its not one already programed?
jdmspecdc5

Post by jdmspecdc5 »

turbolude97 wrote:I didnt try starting the car because I wanted to make sure everything was correct before I did. and how do you set the map sensor #'s (offset and scalar) if its not one already programed?
you will not have any readings until the car is started. start the car and datalog...then you will get the readings you are looking for. :wink:
park83rsx

Post by park83rsx »

I was helping him out with this, the reason I was hesitant to start it was because the MAP was reading 0.0 kPa, TPS was reading 26%, and IAT was reading like 125 deg (when the car had not been started for 3 months and was sitting in 50 deg weather). With reading like that, i was certain the car would do something funny at startup. The sensors on my K-pro would always read normal even in the accessory II positon. Is this different with the S300?

-Brian
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Try starting the car, then datalogging....do this first...report back if the problem persists.
park83rsx

Post by park83rsx »

Alright, will do. 8)
jdmspecdc5

Post by jdmspecdc5 »

park83rsx wrote:The sensors on my K-pro would always read normal even in the accessory II positon. Is this different with the S300?

-Brian
No, even in the accessory II position you can connect, upload calibrations, and view some sensor readings.