Started engine with slight problem

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
jordonking

Started engine with slight problem

Post by jordonking »

Hello,

I've got a 95 Honda Accord. I installed an H22a that I've built. It's going to tuboed later so I lowered compression to 9.2:1 and I've got 550 cc injectors installed for right now. I'm running a P28 with S300 system. I uploaded the prelude basemap and I'm trying to tune, but when I start datalogging I click on the show datalogged lambda and I get no A/F ratio. So I'm kinda stuck in that I don't know where to go with my tuning. As far as the wideband wiring I've got an LC1 wideband with aux wideband output wired into ELD (it is checked in the settings) and the narrowband aux output wired into factory O2 input. I did cut the ELD wire to fusebox.

I probed the Wideband input and I am getting voltage. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jordon King
Attachments
mine.skl
Here's the calibration I'm running.
(16.57 KiB) Downloaded 117 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

When you datalog are you getting any wideband readings? Have you changed the settings in the software to use the ELD input for the wideband signal?
jordonking

Post by jordonking »

Not getting any readings at all and I do have use ELD for lambda checked in software.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Have you entered the calibration numbers?
jordonking

Post by jordonking »

I entered 0.00 = 7.35 5.00 = 22.?? I believe. I entered the specs that they said to for the LC1.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Do you have ELD disabled in Misc?
jordonking

Post by jordonking »

It is disabled. I think I tried it enabled as well.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

if it is disabled it will not work.
jordonking

Post by jordonking »

I'll try tomorrow to be sure and let you know. Thanks for responding so quickly. I hope that does it.
jordonking

Post by jordonking »

OK. I enabled ELD and when I turn ignition to on position in Lambda overlay I get 22.00 afr in col 1 row 1 naturally, but when I start vehicle I'm not getting any other readings. Another thing is that instead of having one cell highlighted in lambda overlay I have 4 cells grouped together with no readings though. I also switched on the sensor overlay settings to ELD to see if that would work and did not change anything.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Somehow you have something incorrectly wired or you have a setting incorrect. You will need to double check everything. You might find http://www.hondata.com/techwidebandtuning.html useful.
jordonking

Post by jordonking »

I think I just may have found some of the problem. On Lambda overlay there's a minimum throttle requirement of 0 and I think my TPS was at -1. I'm gonna adjust that tomorrow and check again.
jordonking

Post by jordonking »

Well I the wideband is reading it just takes a few seconds after engine is started until it starts logging lambda for some reason. The reason it wouldn't overlay is because my TPS was out of range. I still have for cells highlighted instead of one, but it must be normal, cause it's that way on my laptop and when I downloaded onto my home pc I get the same thing 4 cells highlighted in upper left of map. Once I start engine I have four highlighted cells bouncing around. Is this normal? And has anyone had a problem with their Honda Idling up and down while warming up? It was doing this before I installed the new motor with new IAC so I'm thinking maybe a vacuum problem.
jordonking

Post by jordonking »

Well fixed idling problem, it was the Fast Idle Thermo Valve. On my maps before I even start datalogging I have four cells highlighted instead of one. Once I start datalogging all 4 cells are moving around with RPM and Manifold Vacuum. Is this normal? I'm assuming it is because I downloaded another copy of Smanager on home PC and I have the same thing 4 cells highlighted, but when I'm reading tech files from hondata I see in their screenshots only one cell highlighted. Maybe a glitch in new version?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

4 cells is normal