New Skunk2 mods what calibration?

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
JB781

New Skunk2 mods what calibration?

Post by JB781 »

Hi all,

I've had flashpro on my 2009 si for a few years. Recently I've installed a skunk2 CAI, headers, mega power 76mm exhaust and alpa series dual core radiator. I'm planning on getting the skunk2 coil overs and lowering the car a little for the track. I've flashed my honda to the preset calibration of skunk2 CAI, headers and exhaust. Is there a better calibration I should be using or how can I improve the one I'm using? Thanks!
CalibratEd

Re: New Skunk2 mods what calibration?

Post by CalibratEd »

Welcome to the forum,

The base maps are a good start but still need some fine-tuning. When you change to an aftermarket intake the car needs to run in speed density. Post the calibration and a datalog. I can take a look at it and let you know how the car is running.

-Ed
Instagram: calibrated.tuning
JB781

Post by JB781 »

Ok will do. Thank you so much.
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

JB781 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:57 pm Ok will do. Thank you so much.
No problem.

-Ed
JB781

Post by JB781 »

Hi! I haven't driven the car a whole lot since I added all the mods and flashed the car to the preset calibration. It definitely needs some tuning and a check engine light came on after about 80 miles of driving. 35 miles to work and back. I did some datalogging and attached the file to this message. Hopefully it's not too large, but if so I can add another smaller file. Again, I really appreciate your help!
Attachments
datalog1.fpdl
(5.32 MiB) Downloaded 314 times
JB781

Post by JB781 »

Here's the calibration I've been using --> Name: Civic-Si-RRB-5-SkunkHdr Inject:310 Description: FG2/FA5 CAI, Skunk2 header & catback

-If you need additional information from the calibration, I can do that as well. Just very new to the process.

Thanks,
Jon
JB781

Post by JB781 »

Here's a shorter datalog I just made if that helps. Thank you.
Attachments
datalog2.fpdl
(2.83 MiB) Downloaded 312 times
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

JB781 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:18 pm Here's the calibration I've been using --> Name: Civic-Si-RRB-5-SkunkHdr Inject:310 Description: FG2/FA5 CAI, Skunk2 header & catback

-If you need additional information from the calibration, I can do that as well. Just very new to the process.

Thanks,
Jon
It’s good practice to post the calibration file you are using. Hondata can change naming conventions in the future and that name would no longer apply if some is trying to learn from this thread in the future.

-Ed
JB781

Post by JB781 »

Hi Ed,

I've attached the calibration file to this message. Thanks!
Attachments
Calibration1.fpcal
(21.18 KiB) Downloaded 344 times
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

JB781 wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:28 am Here's a shorter datalog I just made if that helps. Thank you.
No knock was present which is good. The car is running very lean. The MAF needs to be dialed in.
When switching the intake its best to switch to a Speed density tune.

- Ed
JB781

Post by JB781 »

Thank you for the feedback. How would I go about switching to a speed density tune? I checked some other posts but I don't understand completely.
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

In the calibration under the fuel tab check the box that says "Use speed/density (MAP) fuel tables". This will enable the speed-density fuel tables. You will then need to adjust all the fuel tables. If this is route you want to take I suggest you find a calibration file that is already running in speed density. When switching the Hondata base map from MAF to MAP you will have to dial in all the fuel tables from scratch.

-Ed
JB781

Post by JB781 »

Thank you for the information. I appreciate that. I've been searching the forum and other sources, but I don't think I'd be able to correctly make those adjustments myself. I would like to learn how to properly make those adjustments. However, I think for now I might contact a shop to tune the car. I was thinking if I had the same mods listed in the calibration from Hondata for my specific honda it would adjust a little better for things like the intake? I'm worried I'll have damage to the engine in the meantime. I'm going to try and not drive the car until I can figure out the adjustments. Thank you for your time!

-Jon
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

No problem.

-Ed