2011 CR-Z HKS GT2 + injectors basemap

Calibrations for FlashPro Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)

Francejf

Re: 2011 CR-Z HKS GT2 + injectors basemap

Post by Francejf »

The high octane fuel was adjusted above 4,000 rpm from 3.9psi to 9.0psi. Knock sensitivity tables have also been adjusted. How's the car running? Did you feel an improvement? Post a datalog when you can.

-Ed
[/quote]

Ed,

I made a few changes to the car along with loading the new calibration, maybe I should have went one step at a time but I was excited to get the new exhaust on since I had been out of town all week. I ordered the HKS Metal Catalyzer, which came with a header and catted down pipe, and HKS Silent High Power Exhaust for a complete system. I was reading about spark plug gap and found that the CR-Z should be 0.047" to 0.051" I believe it was, I did not check the Spark plug gap when they came in with the supercharger kit, i just assumed being Iradium they would be pre gapped. I pulled one and saw that they were gapped only 0.03" so I pulled the rest and set them all to 0.04". I know thats still less than recommended but i figured that would be better until i found out for sure if i need to open them up more. After opening up the gap a little on the plugs, I installed the exhaust and loaded up the new calibration from the shop and went for a drive but didn't have the datalogger with me. The car runs fine and feels a little stronger but I can't say if its from the calibration, or exhaust and spark plug gap. Here are a couple of small logs I took this evening if you don't mind telling me what you think? I still plan on opening up the intake restrictor to the S/C from 32mm to 35mm, I'm sure that will require some adjustments to fuel given that more air is coming into the intake. After reviewing the HKS data on their test car, They had a 34mm restrictor that made a huge difference and got the car to 200HP. Other than that, my car is comparable to the test car but I would say the correct tuning would be needed as well.
thanks,
Johnny
Attachments
datalog0023.fpdl
(213.82 KiB) Downloaded 186 times
datalog0022.fpdl
(80.09 KiB) Downloaded 441 times
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

Francejf wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:51 pm The high octane fuel was adjusted above 4,000 rpm from 3.9psi to 9.0psi. Knock sensitivity tables have also been adjusted. How's the car running? Did you feel an improvement? Post a datalog when you can.

-Ed
Ed,

I made a few changes to the car along with loading the new calibration, maybe I should have went one step at a time but I was excited to get the new exhaust on since I had been out of town all week. I ordered the HKS Metal Catalyzer, which came with a header and catted down pipe, and HKS Silent High Power Exhaust for a complete system. I was reading about spark plug gap and found that the CR-Z should be 0.047" to 0.051" I believe it was, I did not check the Spark plug gap when they came in with the supercharger kit, i just assumed being Iradium they would be pre gapped. I pulled one and saw that they were gapped only 0.03" so I pulled the rest and set them all to 0.04". I know thats still less than recommended but i figured that would be better until i found out for sure if i need to open them up more. After opening up the gap a little on the plugs, I installed the exhaust and loaded up the new calibration from the shop and went for a drive but didn't have the datalogger with me. The car runs fine and feels a little stronger but I can't say if its from the calibration, or exhaust and spark plug gap. Here are a couple of small logs I took this evening if you don't mind telling me what you think? I still plan on opening up the intake restrictor to the S/C from 32mm to 35mm, I'm sure that will require some adjustments to fuel given that more air is coming into the intake. After reviewing the HKS data on their test car, They had a 34mm restrictor that made a huge difference and got the car to 200HP. Other than that, my car is comparable to the test car but I would say the correct tuning would be needed as well.
thanks,
Johnny
[/quote]

Johnny,

I will take a look at it when I get a chance.

-Ed
Instagram: calibrated.tuning
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

Francejf wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:51 pm The high octane fuel was adjusted above 4,000 rpm from 3.9psi to 9.0psi. Knock sensitivity tables have also been adjusted. How's the car running? Did you feel an improvement? Post a datalog when you can.

-Ed
Ed,

thanks,
Johnny
[/quote]

Log 22 shows the car pulling 5 degrees of timing at wide open throttle.Fuel is a bit lean 4,400 - 5,300rpms. Then it goes very rich and the wideband reads 10AFR. Max boost is in the high 6s.

Log 23 shows the car is pulling 5 degrees of timing at wide open throttle. The AFR is in the low 11s from 3,000 - 5,400rpm. After 5,400 it reads 10AFR. Max boost is in the high 6s.

- Ed
Francejf

Post by Francejf »

Thank you again for your expertise and reviewing my files. So it doesn't seem like the new calibration from the shop did a whole lot. Or could the new exhaust system have taken up all of the corrections they made? I would like to go ahead and open the intake restrictor up before I go back to the dyno. The AFR will be more lean once I do that so I will need to make adjustments to be able to drive it to the shop I suppose.
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

Francejf wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:42 pm Thank you again for your expertise and reviewing my files. So it doesn't seem like the new calibration from the shop did a whole lot. Or could the new exhaust system have taken up all of the corrections they made? I would like to go ahead and open the intake restrictor up before I go back to the dyno. The AFR will be more lean once I do that so I will need to make adjustments to be able to drive it to the shop I suppose.
It’s possible the new exhaust leaned it out. The new restrictor may also affect the fueling. I can take a look at it to make sure you are running safe. When do you plan to hit the dyno? Will you be taking it to a new shop?

-Ed
Francejf

Post by Francejf »

I think I will take it to another shop for the dyno, I just didn't really get a good feeling from the shop I took it to. They didn't seem interested in any thing I had to say or ask. You have been more help than them by far. I'm going to do some better research and hopefully find a better shop this time. I would almost rather pay you to tune it then take it to a dyno for numbers.
Francejf

Post by Francejf »

Ed, I Opened up the restrictor and went for a short drive while recording. I looked at the data when i got home and saw I was lean on higher MAP pressure and rich on low so I made some adjustment and went for another short drive. This time the numbers do look better however more adjustments are needed. Strim and Ltrim are 2-4% I also notice the knock retard climbs whenever there is a little load or the throttle is pressed it seems, I'm sure you could tell me better than i can explain it to you. I tried to take it easy since i don't know if its safe to do any spirited driving just yet. Also, would you know what the spark plug gap should be set at for forced induction? I have been reading and some say the gap should be set around 0.028 to 0.032" and some say as wide as possible without any misfires. I did pull the plugs and look at them, they are clean, no buildup and the porcelain is still white but i really don't have but a few hundred miles since installing them so how bad could they be at this point really? Anyways, I drop them down from 0.04 to 0.036". Thank you for any recommendations you can provide.
Attachments
Dyno Calibration2+1.fpcal
(10.76 KiB) Downloaded 251 times
datalog0026.fpdl
(1.57 MiB) Downloaded 251 times
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

Francejf wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:02 am Ed, I Opened up the restrictor and went for a short drive while recording. I looked at the data when i got home and saw I was lean on higher MAP pressure and rich on low so I made some adjustment and went for another short drive. This time the numbers do look better however more adjustments are needed. Strim and Ltrim are 2-4% I also notice the knock retard climbs whenever there is a little load or the throttle is pressed it seems, I'm sure you could tell me better than i can explain it to you. I tried to take it easy since i don't know if its safe to do any spirited driving just yet. Also, would you know what the spark plug gap should be set at for forced induction? I have been reading and some say the gap should be set around 0.028 to 0.032" and some say as wide as possible without any misfires. I did pull the plugs and look at them, they are clean, no buildup and the porcelain is still white but i really don't have but a few hundred miles since installing them so how bad could they be at this point really? Anyways, I drop them down from 0.04 to 0.036". Thank you for any recommendations you can provide.
I will take a look at it in detail when I have time. Yea, do not drive the car too hard until we make sure ignition and knock is good. The current spark plug gap should be fine if you are not experiencing any misfires.

-Ed