Emissions Readiness Reset Question

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
oliversok1

Emissions Readiness Reset Question

Post by oliversok1 »

Hi Hondata,

Is there a way to configure Kpro or any other way so that emissions readiness parameters do not reset when shutting the car off and on?

Thanks,
Chris
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Emissions Readiness Reset Question

Post by Spunkster »

They shouldn't reset unless the vehicle is not wired correctly with backup power.
oliversok1

Post by oliversok1 »

Thanks for the quick reply Spunkster, I will look into this.
Last edited by oliversok1 on Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It must be wired as it is in an RSX. You would need to look at the RSX factory service manual or ETM.
oliversok1

Post by oliversok1 »

Spunkster wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:52 pm It must be wired as it is in an RSX. You would need to look at the RSX factory service manual or ETM.
Yup got it. Seems like it wasn't wired 100% correctly due to reasons left to speculate. lol.
oliversok1

Post by oliversok1 »

Spunkster wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:37 pm They shouldn't reset unless the vehicle is not wired correctly with backup power.
Sorry related question, so if there is no backup power, does the ecu effectively reset each time the car is turned off and on? meaning all engine codes will be reset when turning car on and off? or is the emissions related data all within the DLC?

Wonder if this will have any negative effects to the ecu besides the obvious getting rid of CELs.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It will be reset every time it is switched off as it looses all power. It should not be wired like this as it will never remember idle or closed loop settings.
oliversok1

Post by oliversok1 »

Spunkster wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:49 pm It will be reset every time it is switched off as it looses all power. It should not be wired like this as it will never remember idle or closed loop settings.
Thank you!
oliversok1

Post by oliversok1 »

When disabling the immobilizer within K manager (RSX ECU), would this also make it so that the immobilizer indicator light will be off at all times?

I am trying to figure out how to wire in the DTC Memory backup, My car is wired so that it uses the input from the immobilizer indicator light. Or maybe I can wire it like an RSX, but not sure where to start.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It must all be wired as shown in the factory service manual or the ETM. Do not try powering it from other sources.
oliversok1

Post by oliversok1 »

I figured that it wont work wired this way. Wondering if the immobilizer needs to be enabled even if wiring like you would a RSX.
oliversok1

Post by oliversok1 »

Spunkster wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:35 pm It must all be wired as shown in the factory service manual or the ETM. Do not try powering it from other sources.
Yup I got that part. Probably would want to keep the voltage steady and only have one source of 12V at a time.
oliversok1

Post by oliversok1 »

If the the backup power source is fused the same as an RSX and comes from the activation of the built in relay of an immobilizer where when you turn the ignition off(immobilizer light is turn off) the relay would get charged and send 12v to the ECU pin E7 still not work? I see that the rsx has two main relays where my chassis only has one. I am thinking as long the 12v backup power is cut when the immobilizer light is on and activate when immobilizer light is off that is would work?
oliversok1

Post by oliversok1 »

[img
Attachments
E7 Wiring.png
E7 Wiring.png (73.68 KiB) Viewed 2816 times
oliversok1

Post by oliversok1 »

Please disregard my previous two posts. This is bad information. The backup power supply comes from another source, at least for an s2000. @Spunkster, if its ok, can you elaborate more on why the DTC memory source has to be exactly wired like the K20a models?

and

When you say "other sources," do you mean other sources as in not coming from Main Relay 1?

Thank you.