FL5 Hondata tune reset itself?

FK2 Civic Type R 2015-2017, FK8 Civic Type R 2017-2021, FL5 Civic Type R 2023+ and Integra Type S 2024+
UJX

FL5 Hondata tune reset itself?

Post by UJX »

I have the Hondata 93 octane tune along with the pops and bangs feature. Everything has worked fine up until today when I was on my way to work. I noticed I was no longer receiving any pops and bangs. I'm not completely sure if the entire tune reset or just the pops and bangs?

I turned the car off and turned it back on and that did not fix it. Did my entire tune just reset out of nowhere? The only thing I did different was that yesterday, I put the car into Sport mode while driving which is something I normally never do. I usually keep it in Individual and sometimes R+ mode but for some reason, I just thought I'd put it in Sport mode yesterday. Not sure if that had any effect.

I have also cycled through all driving modes but still the issue persists. Any ideas?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: FL5 Hondata tune reset itself?

Post by Spunkster »

It did not reset, it is just getting too hot and it is protecting the engine and cat.
UJX

Post by UJX »

I don't think it's getting too hot. It's around 50 degrees in my garage when I start my car. Typically after driving for 5-10 minutes, the car warms up and the pops and bangs start happening. That never happened today. I paid attention to all the temperatures and none of them were abnormal. I also recently installed a PRL intercooler, turbo inlet, and charge pipes.

Also it's only 50 degrees outside and I casually drove it to work, no way it overheated.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It has nothing to do with the outside temp...it is the temp that the cat is getting to because of the pops and bangs.

The latest version of software allows you to alter the min and max temps, but altering these is at your own risk.

Remember that this has no performance value.
UJX

Post by UJX »

I am not understanding how or why this issue is happening because it happened again today.

When I left the house to go to work, the car had been sitting in my garage for over 48 hours without being driven. It's a 40-50 degree day and the pops/bangs did not come on on the way to work. I did not floor it or drive it aggressively so I don't know how the cat would have been hot.

I then parked it outside, again in the mild weather, for about 4.5-5 hours. I then drove it back home and again the pops/bangs did not come on.

On the way home, I stopped to get gas and after filling up, the pops/bangs came back on. At that point the car was quite hot. The water and oil temps were 180-195 and outside temperature was 56. I don't get how the cat was too hot when it had been sitting for days without being driven but it was just fine after driving and being reasonably hot.
CtRick

Post by CtRick »

Same here. Car was parked for 2days and my pops disappear. I know it was working fine 2 days ago. It has turn off/on before but tonight I couldn’t get it to come back on. Will reupload once I get my new fp mini in.