Any tuners in the house?

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
Tolken

Any tuners in the house?

Post by Tolken »

I recently had an S200(+boost) fitted to my Civic VTi Turbo (DOHC). Now, its on stock internals, has a FMIC, T3 Turbo and 450cc injectors. Problem being it barely made 185bhp on the dyno. Surely this can't be right?

I never tuned the car, but I do have access to the bin file if anyone wishes to have a look at me and see if there is any fault with the ignition timing etc?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

If it was not tuned, then that is your problem. You need to f ully tune it on the dyno. A basemap will not give maximum power and may also not be safe to run full throttle on.
Tolken

Post by Tolken »

The car was tuned on a Dyno, what I ment was I (Personally) never tuned the car.
TIdyno

Re: Any tuners in the house?

Post by TIdyno »

Tolken wrote:I recently had an S200(+boost) fitted to my Civic VTi Turbo (DOHC). Now, its on stock internals, has a FMIC, T3 Turbo and 450cc injectors. Problem being it barely made 185bhp on the dyno. Surely this can't be right?

I never tuned the car, but I do have access to the bin file if anyone wishes to have a look at me and see if there is any fault with the ignition timing etc?
Where are you from???
kesnut

Post by kesnut »

VTi, is that a d15b motor? JDM
adamjd

Post by adamjd »

VTI - UK, b16a2.