How do I wire in my Wideband?

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
TurboGSR96

How do I wire in my Wideband?

Post by TurboGSR96 »

I have been running my AEM Gague Wideband seperately from my S300 and doing a 2 fold tuning job, do I splice the wires from the wideband into my existing o2 and unhook that or what? Do I really need my stock o2 after I am running the S300. I have alot of tweaking to do and I have not been taking advantage of the Dataloging option. What wires do I need to splice with the factory 02 sensor?
Thanks
585whp/385tq @ 21-23psi E85 Ethanol
OEM GSR Cams & Ignition
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

To my knowledge the AEM cannot output a wideband and narrowband signal at the same time, so you will still need your stock ot sensor to 2un closed loop and seed the wideband readings in the Smanager software.

Instructions for the PLX can be found at: http://www.hondata.com/techplxwiring.html

All wideband hookups should be similar with deviations coming from what outputs the wideband offers.
TurboGSR96

Post by TurboGSR96 »

Spunkster wrote:To my knowledge the AEM cannot output a wideband and narrowband signal at the same time, so you will still need your stock ot sensor to 2un closed loop and seed the wideband readings in the Smanager software.

Instructions for the PLX can be found at: http://www.hondata.com/techplxwiring.html

All wideband hookups should be similar with deviations coming from what outputs the wideband offers.
Yea I read how to do the install, but do I use the wideband on my front 02 or the rear 02? and do I hook it up to method 1 or method 2? I noticed when I was looking in the software that there was no settings for the AEM so do I gotta talk to someone with an AEM EMS and an UEGO WB and ask them what the input voltage is supposed to be and just input that into the Hondata? Also if I was to tap into the rear 02 sensor for the WB install, it is going to end up being in front of the first 02 because I am going to be welding the bung about 1' from my downpipe which is in front of the first 02, will this cause an improper reading somehow?
OEM GSR Cams & Ignition
TurboGSR96

Post by TurboGSR96 »

or should I just leave my AEM Wideband just to pull gague duties so that I can look at it when I am driving and just buy a replacement PLX wideband or a WB that is supported by the S300 and wire it in that way? Buying a replacement sensor that will read narrow and wide seems to be a better idea in my opionion. and just use it for closed loop and datalogging.
OEM GSR Cams & Ignition
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Personally, I would just sell the wideband you have and get a PLX.
TurboGSR96

Post by TurboGSR96 »

Well that PLX does not mount in a nice tidy spot in my gague cluster, which is great peace of mind for me to be able to look at my AFR at any time
OEM GSR Cams & Ignition
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Laa

Post by Laa »

Did you ever get the AEM UGEO to work with the s300?
Zoomie

Post by Zoomie »

Spunkster wrote:Personally, I would just sell the wideband you have and get a PLX.
Why do you recommend the PLX over the other widebands available?
turbosi92

Post by turbosi92 »

I will chime in here. I have personally used Techedge, AEM and PLX and nothing compares to the PLX price and customer service, period.

THe AEM was a nightmare to get it right. I finally got rid of it. My $.02.
Laa

Post by Laa »

How did you end up hooking up the AEM UEGO? Hopefully the headache you went through to get it hooked up could help me out.

When you did get it hooked up, was it working right? Were you able to tune the car yourself?
Wafler

Post by Wafler »

The AEM Uego is no hassle at all, at least not in my case. I wired the white analog output wire into ELD (Electric Load Indicator, pin D10 on a P28) and it works like a charm so far. This would of course only be applicable in cars with no ELD present as far as I know.
TurboGSR96

Post by TurboGSR96 »

http://www.angelfire.com/electronic2/me ... facing.htm

&

http://www.angelfire.com/electronic2/me ... ONDATA.htm

I still have not done it yet, in a decision on whether I am going to sell it and get a PLX or make the above gaget to make it work. I love my AEM and have not had a problem with it for 2 yrs.
OEM GSR Cams & Ignition
Laa

Post by Laa »

are these websites only pertaining to the other Hondatas and not the S300? Can you hook up the AEM UEGO to the S300 without making a double buffered voltage divider?
Wafler

Post by Wafler »

That is what I did - wired it straight into ELD (P28 with S300). Works perfectly :)