A/F display without a seperate wideband controller?

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
inh

A/F display without a seperate wideband controller?

Post by inh »

Im kinda confused on this.. Is there a way i can wire in a 4 wire O2 sensor to the s300 so that the datalog feature will display the cars O2 readings, or must i absolutly positivly buy an A/F guage/meter? I have an O2 sensor, just not guage. thanks

edit: is it possible to wire up my normal one wire O2 sensor to the narrowband input on the ecu, and then use another bung and the wideband O2 wired to ELD? I think this is possible...

IM trying to save some cashand not have to buy a wideband meter :-/
Last edited by inh on Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Preccord00

Post by Preccord00 »

it's my understanding that in order to get an accurate A/F reading you need a seperate controller, this can hook directly into hondata via the ELD line that goes into your ECU. I know PLX A/F has the option to come with the controller/O2 sensor or controller/O2 sensor/Guage. So you don't nececarilly need the guage, just the sensor w/controller. There's some tech info on this website about wiring in that controller to hondata.
inh

Post by inh »

yea I've seen the PLX stuff, was just hoping I could do without it.
locash

Post by locash »

Unfortunately, the obd1 Honda ecu cannot control a true wideband air/fuel ratio sensor, so an external controller is needed for this. On a side note, I just read that PLX released a sub-$200 controller with sensor that will work with the S300..
TurboGSR96

Post by TurboGSR96 »

locash wrote:Unfortunately, the obd1 Honda ecu cannot control a true wideband air/fuel ratio sensor, so an external controller is needed for this. On a side note, I just read that PLX released a sub-$200 controller with sensor that will work with the S300..
Really? Do you know the model name of it?
585whp/385tq @ 21-23psi E85 Ethanol
OEM GSR Cams & Ignition
kesnut

Post by kesnut »

inh

Post by inh »

i saw that last night, funny they dont sell it in thier store though :?

I want a guage, so I'll probably get the... m250 with a black guage..
TurboGSR96

Post by TurboGSR96 »

Not too shabby, I think I am just going to keep my AEM and use this setup for the datalog/narrow band and call it a day. Plus running the 2 will give me a point to double check the readings.
585whp/385tq @ 21-23psi E85 Ethanol
OEM GSR Cams & Ignition
Jaker

Post by Jaker »

inh wrote:i saw that last night, funny they dont sell it in thier store though :?

I want a guage, so I'll probably get the... m250 with a black guage..
Do you have an Autometer air/fuel ratio gauge now? PLX has an adapter box that converts the wideband signal into something that you can read on the Autometer gauge. I've been using this for a year or 2 now, and it works great.

This will save you some money if you already have the Autometer gauge.

http://www.plxdevices.com/NB_WB_GaugeConv.htm
inh

Post by inh »

im jmust going to save for the $200 sm afr that they are working on getting produced right now. i emailed them about it and they will accept a preorder if you want it. I would but i deploy to NTC this saturday and ended up spending my money on a vtec head :p