PLX and capacitor

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
Zoomie

PLX and capacitor

Post by Zoomie »

I've got a PLX M300 ready for install now and I'm wondering if the included caps are necessary for this application (w/ S300j)? I've searched the forums and not seen any mention of this...
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

There is no need to install anything extra beyond what is in the instructions on our website.
turbosi92

Post by turbosi92 »

Spunkster wrote:There is no need to install anything extra beyond what is in the instructions on our website.
What have you found as the best ground?

From your directions...
Black Ground - Attach to solid chassis ground
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Anything on the chassis that is substantial
Zoomie

Post by Zoomie »

Thanks, Spunkster
Zoomie

Post by Zoomie »

Okay, I'm confused again...

In the tech support section under wiring there are two entries for the PLX Wideband: "PLX Wideband" and "PLX Wideband Wiring". The former says to install the capacitors while the later has no mention of the capacitors. So which one is it?

Also, I've noticed in SManager, under Parameters -> Closed Loop -> Options, that there is a check box to "Disable O2 Heater". Does this mean that you could select this and not have to wire in the resistor when using the PLX? (Does this just ignore the error or does it actually turn off the heater circuit?)
(As a side note: in the former entry, listed above, for the O2 resistor it says 20 Ohm 10 Watt, while the later says 1K Ohm. Again, why the inconsistency?)

Appreciate your help with this; thanks.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You do not need the capacitors
Zoomie

Post by Zoomie »

Thanks for the response Spunkster. What about the second para, though?...
Zoomie wrote: Also, I've noticed in SManager, under Parameters -> Closed Loop -> Options, that there is a check box to "Disable O2 Heater". Does this mean that you could select this and not have to wire in the resistor when using the PLX? (Does this just ignore the error or does it actually turn off the heater circuit?)
(As a side note: in the former entry, listed above, for the O2 resistor it says 20 Ohm 10 Watt, while the later says 1K Ohm. Again, why the inconsistency?)
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You can disable the o2 heater, but it's still a good idea to put the resistor across the heater wires.

THe information on the site has been updated....whe incorrect information had been directly copied form the plx website a while back.
Zoomie

Post by Zoomie »

Thanks again!