Question On s200 and tuning it

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
DsiXt33n

Question On s200 and tuning it

Post by DsiXt33n »

Ok, im going to be boosting my D16Y8, im probably going to do the install myself with the help of a friend, my question is, if i buy the s200 system with Boost capabilities and i want to get it tuned for my setup, Is it possible to bring the unit itself to a shop and have it tuned? or do i have to actually bring the whole car in, reason i ask this is because if the cars going to be sitting at my house with a turbo in it, and an ECU not set up for the turbo, i have no way of getting the car to the shop without towing it. so im asking if its possible to have the unit itself Tuned without the car. Also, what does the Shop have to have in order to tune it? do i need to get datalogging if im going to have it tuned by a shop?

Thanks.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

I would recommend getting the s300 instead fo the s200 and you will be able to tune it yourself and be able to limp it to the dyno to get it fully tuned. You cannot tune without the car...the ecu must be in the car and the engine in the car in order to put it on the dyno and tune.
DsiXt33n

Post by DsiXt33n »

Ok, how do i put it into Limp mode? and can i just load a basemap onto it and use that to get to the shop? do i need datalogging to do this?

thanks
kesnut

Post by kesnut »

if you are really not up to tuning the car yourself, even to get to the dyno
what i tell some of my guys, leave the stock injectors in, leave the piping from the TB out, so that the car don't run boost, and take your time driving up the dyno, when we get to the dyno, we put what ever back on.
but for the most, you can drive the car with hondata's base map, and gettin' the s300, it is really the better option... to 2nd what Spunkster said...
snwbrdrx19

Post by snwbrdrx19 »

to add top this no u dont need datalogging to tune