attn Hondata: ECU related issue with s300 socketing

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
Praylewd powr

attn Hondata: ECU related issue with s300 socketing

Post by Praylewd powr »

Hondata,

I just received my p28 ecu back from you guys and have been having a new issue that was not present when I ran my s200 previously. I am now getting code 21 vtec spool and have been reading the current other thread about it. I sent my ecu and hondata socketed it for boost and installed the s300. I have swapped out vtec solenoids, traced all my wiring, have the appropriate resistence when following the honda manual troubleshooting, etc. I have the ECU left to rule out. My questions are:

-can you find the issue in my ecu if I send it to you, and if you can....will you repair the problem when located. Is there any way the ecu could have been damaged when doing the prepping/install at hondata?

Is there any other troubleshooting I can do?

Duane
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Dsiable the VTEC spool error check.
Hondata
Praylewd powr

Post by Praylewd powr »

How would I do that in smanager?

I look forward to your reply!!

Duane
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Parameters, Misc, Vtec.....you will see it there.

Make sure you are using the newest verion of software...Help, Check for Updates.
Praylewd powr

Post by Praylewd powr »

I must have not updated the smanager. I am sorry for bothering you guys but I must again say kudos to your online response time! It is great. I just downloaded the new version and the disable is right where I thought it should be!

Thanks.
Praylewd powr

Post by Praylewd powr »

just bumping the post up from before related to my other post on this same issue. the reply in this post made me think that hondatas recommendation was that disabling the error would not affect the vtec operation. I think I am being told otherwise now, so am curious where I go from here.

Duane
Can
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Try your ecu in another vehicle and see if the same problem persists.
Praylewd powr

Post by Praylewd powr »

I posted in the other thread for hondatas attention. The ECU is in fact the issue. Please see the other thread for my post.

Thanks again hondata.