stuck in column 7,8

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
bseriesking

stuck in column 7,8

Post by bseriesking »

Anyone out there having problems where A/F is stuck in columns 7,8 at partial throttle, full throttle, AND at idle?? This is a 06' type-s motor with a 02' jdm kpro. I cant find a setting that will let me calibrate anything such as a map sensor. I'm at approx. 4,000 ft elevation. After tuning for full throttle in the map of columns 7,8 the cars drives perfectly fine at 13.0 A/F. Under partial throttle, it obviously sputters until you at least give it 75% throttle. Any suggestions on trying something???????
Razathorn

Post by Razathorn »

Sounds like the map sensor is bad or just seeing atmosphere all the time.
2003 black RSX type-s / jrsc @ 12psi / methanol injection / aftercooled
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

What vehicle is this in and who did the harness if it is a swap?
bseriesking

Post by bseriesking »

1999 acura integra gsr (obd2b) with a hybrid racing harness. Yea, I cannot say one good thing about their harness to begin with!!

06' type-s engine with 02 jdm kpro ecu, using hybrid harness in obd2b chassis
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

trace the map wires back to the ecu using a multimeter...you will probably find they go to the wrong pins. If the Map sensor has been wired incorrectly even for an instant, it has been damaged and will need to be replaced. If the problem lies with the Hybrid harness you should contact them for assitance.
bseriesking

Post by bseriesking »

lemme try tracing the wires via honda's 02' rsx-s manual.

..will let you know!
bseriesking

Post by bseriesking »

Wires are correct, still same problem. Heres what I have done so far.

Looking from the back of the map sensor plug (female wire side) starting from the left (#1), reading to the right (#3). #1 wire which is ylw/red does ohm out to a21 on ecm. #3 wire which is grn/wht does ohm out to the ecm at a11. #1 and #3 wires get 5V when key is on at map sensor AND at ecm (A11 & A21). #2 wire (grn/red) does not have a ground with key on or off, neither with the A plug connected or disconnected. Honda says to check if it has ground with ecm A plug disconnected. BUT it does ohm out to A19 where it should go!!!!!!!!!11

Any other suggestions???????????????
bseriesking

Post by bseriesking »

bseriesking wrote:1999 acura integra gsr (obd2b) with a hybrid racing harness. Yea, I cannot say one good thing about their harness to begin with!!

06' type-s engine with 02 jdm kpro ecu, using hybrid harness in obd2b chassis
edit: using hondata converter harness for 05-06 engine harness to use 02 ecu
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You should not be using an adapter harness for an engine swap. You should be using an 02-04 engine harness.
bseriesking

Post by bseriesking »

Spunkster wrote:You should not be using an adapter harness for an engine swap. You should be using an 02-04 engine harness.
But, the engine is out of a 05-06 model -s. If I could of got my hands on a 02-04 harness, I would of never spent the money on the hondata converter harness. Is that a problem that I have the converter harness when all the pins go to the right position on the map?

I just tried a map sensor out of a 03' -s and still the same. (known good one)
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Using the 02-04 / 05-06 adapter is not the right way to do this. See http://www.hondata.com/techk20transmissions.html

If you use the K20Z1 engine then you need to use the 02-04 wiring harness and either swap the guts of the transmission or add a 02-04 speed sensor.
Hondata