Uploading issue...

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
picnic_george

Uploading issue...

Post by picnic_george »

I got an s300 for a customers car. When I plug it in there everything seems normal. Upload download information dtc all the stuff lights up when I turn the ignition on but when I push upload it does not do anything. Maybe I'm missing something. Throw some ideas at me if you guys know. BTW there is no tables stored in the ECU it seems. When I try to DL it comes up blank.
This is the bosses first experience with hondata and I want it to be a good one so he'll be more inclined to buy more of them.
Last edited by picnic_george on Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Can you describe step by step what happens when you load a calibration and try to upload it?
Hondata
picnic_george

Post by picnic_george »

When I plug in the USB it knows that's happening. Bottom left of the screen says offline. If I turn the ignition on it switches to online makes the sound and thats really about it. I can't upload, download, or anything. ECU information comes up blank(not sure how important that is).
Version 1.2.7.0
picnic_george

Post by picnic_george »

I think it's in the ecu itself. I'm taking to the computer shop across the street to take a look at it. The troubleshooting section says that it was installed incorrectly(or happened during shipping I'm not gonna blame it on who I bought it from). :cry:
picnic_george

Post by picnic_george »

Appearantly there were 3 pins that needed to be fixed. I plug the ECU in and now I can download but it still won't let me upload. It says something along the lines of error try upload again. Any ideas guys? This is making me look very bad in front of the boss and he's the one that decides what programming he uses to tune hondas.

This is what I downloaded if it helps at all. We need to get this car out of here ASAP and I can't even get the thing started.
Attachments
stocklike.skl
(18.55 KiB) Downloaded 108 times
locash

Post by locash »

More than likely, it has nothing to do with the Hondata hardware or software, and is an installation error. Your best best is to ship the ecu and s300 to either Hondata or a Hondata dealer to check out.
Locash Racing, LLC
Hondata Sales and Tuning
Dynapack 4000 2wd Dyno
In-Shop CNC Machining and Product Manufacturing
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Which pins needed to be fixed? Who socketed the ECU? What comes up on the screen when you load a calibration and try to upload it?
Hondata
picnic_george

Post by picnic_george »

It's been sent back to have it all checked out.
Hondata wrote:Which pins needed to be fixed? Who socketed the ECU? What comes up on the screen when you load a calibration and try to upload it?
If I was a computer repair man I would have done it myself. I have no clue what needed to be fixed.

I can load a calibration just fine on my laptop. I can even connect and download from the ecu. When I try to upload it gives me some error that says it didn't take and to try again. It's being tested anyways so hopefully it comes back good and we can get this car tuned and out of the shop.