very pissed off at hondata

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
jsgst32

very pissed off at hondata

Post by jsgst32 »

ok, so i'm a little pissed off. I have been doing some reading online and a lot of people say that my JRS b18b w/ honda management should be putting out 200 whp. I find it hard to believe that my car will do that, but i do believe that it should put out at least 180 whp on hondata @ 8 psi. Right now it's putting out 158 to the wheels at 8 psi and i really think that is bull shit. I had it tuned by a reputable dealer and it is just not putting down the numbers i want... The thing is i have a feeling it is a b18a just because i looked at the head and it said PR4 on it and, i'm pretty sure that is a piece of shit old 92-93 integra motor. It says b18b on the block though... the question i have is this... why isn't my car faster on hondata?
i mean i expected at least 180 whp and it's only 160 rounded up at 8psi... What's the deal do i have a b18a and it's slower or what?
Silverbeast

Re: very pissed off at hondata

Post by Silverbeast »

[quote="jsgst32"]ok, so i'm a little pissed off. I have been doing some reading online and a lot of people say that my JRS b18b w/ honda management should be putting out 200 whp. The thing is i have a feeling it is a b18a just because i looked at the head and it said PR4 on it and, i'm pretty sure that is a piece of shit old 92-93 integra motor. It says b18b on the block though... the question i have is this... why isn't my car faster on hondata?
[quote]

I think you anwsered your own question right there buddy! Don't blame Hondata for poorly built,old,POS motors.

The tuning is key, but dont point the finger at engine mgmt. when the probable cause is an older motor.

Compression test? Leakdown Test? Does it burn oil,smoke? When the engine was rebuilt (if it was) new bearings, seals, gaskets? Torque of bolts?

These are all things you should consider before you come on the Hondata board and bash hondata.
Mark216t

Post by Mark216t »

How many times do you need to post this ????

Answered in previous post !

Mark
ClubSiRacer

Post by ClubSiRacer »

Straight from the "Start Here" page on the Hondata website...
For best results naturally aspirated ECUs should be tuned to each individual engine setup and forced induction ECUs must be tuned. Each engine combination is different and this is the only way to get optimum results for your application.
What you just said in your post was "Hi, I bought a Hondata, stuck a JRSC on a cruddy old motor i'm unsure of, didnt bother to tune and am unhappy with my performance." Honestly, like everyone else said, dont blame the Hondata for your lack of performance. Slapping part A and part B together doesnt mean its all going to work right just like that. I spent a full year tweaking and tuning my own setup before I was fully satisfied with my cars performance. Now it makes 350whp and 220tq at the wheels on pump gas at 15psi with a Vortech supercharger. And thats only a B16...
350whp Vortech Supercharged B16