Problem with Launch Control on new version 1.2.3.5

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
Bflaker

Post by Bflaker »

^^^^^Ditto

I would post up my Kal, but mine is working and I've already posted a screen shot of my settings that are working perfectly fine. I think the problem is now you actually have to setup the launch control, where as before you just specified the rpm.
03' RSX Type-S
I/H/E/RBC/K-PRO/100shot/555R's
13.2 @ 109mph w/ 2.0 60'
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

Must say, this is somewhat fustrating...

tried to get it to work on several calibrations/ECU's/etc, nothing...

All I am trying to do is to get it to work like it used to, ie. on all the time, 5500 till 6Mph etc etc...

Attached are the Kal and datalog of a PRA/K20A2+JRSC

comments?
Attachments
k20A2-JRSC.kal
(45.29 KiB) Downloaded 132 times
Launch limit test.kdl
(74.63 KiB) Downloaded 137 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

As a temporary fix you can set the input to the brake switch and also invert the input. This will give essentially the same characteristics as always on and requires no additianl wiring. It looks like there is a bug with always on on the PRA, PNF and PND calibrations but the inputs still function normally.
classiccelica

Post by classiccelica »

Yeah I have a 2003 civic si with the k20a3 have the same problem with the launch control set to always on and nothing happening unless I use the other types of switches offered in the program, such as powersteering input, brake input, and such. I miss my regular launch control please fix soon.
cranny

Post by cranny »

most likely , they have to change the clutch switch setting to ALWAYS ON , and it will fix all thier problems.
Lewis40044004

Post by Lewis40044004 »

I already did that and its still not working. The clutch switch is set to Always on and i still can't get it to work. Guess im stuck with using the old version.
Lewis40044004

Post by Lewis40044004 »

Also im using a PRB Kpro'd ECU on my 5spd base if that helps.
carbonctr

Post by carbonctr »

I have my launch control settings the same as the screenshot above and it doesn't work either.... Anyone else have this problem. I don't use launch control but like the 3500 limiter when not moving just in case some wide-o jumps in the car and tries revving it!
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Spunkster wrote:As a temporary fix you can set the input to the brake switch and also invert the input. This will give essentially the same characteristics as always on and requires no additianl wiring. It looks like there is a bug with always on on the PRA, PNF and PND calibrations but the inputs still function normally.
carbonctr

Post by carbonctr »

Spunkster wrote:
Spunkster wrote:As a temporary fix you can set the input to the brake switch and also invert the input. This will give essentially the same characteristics as always on and requires no additianl wiring. It looks like there is a bug with always on on the PRA, PNF and PND calibrations but the inputs still function normally.
This seems to work :oops: Sorry, missed earlier post. I haven't tried it while driving yet as had to go into work after uploading cal, but I'm sure it will be okay.
When will 1.2.3.6 be released?

Update: this works fine now :-)
gangaran

Post by gangaran »

I have a EDM EP3 Type-R. I had the same problem with the launch control. I was running the 1.2.3.5 version, now I've updated to 1.2.6.0 and it works fine now.
Razathorn

Post by Razathorn »

Spunkster wrote:We still have not seen a single datalog or calibration showing the problem. We are still waiting.

We need this information to see if it is calibration type specific or just a setting.
I had the same issue. My trigger was set to power steering pressure input instead of always on. I didn't change it -- it seems it was set to this after upgrading kmanager and loading my kal up. Seems to be an issue with default value when loading an existing calibration. After changing it to always on, it worked fine once again.
2003 black RSX type-s / jrsc @ 12psi / methanol injection / aftercooled
Razathorn

Post by Razathorn »

I just tried opening a calibration I know had launch control and launch control is simply disabled when I open it. I just installed 1.2.8.0 and tried opening the same calibration again and once again it had no launch control enabled. I opened another N/A calibration from a *long* time ago that had launch control enabled and it showed up as enabled. It seems that there is something with my old jrsc calibrations that gets launch control disabled when it is opened with new kmanager, even 1.2.8.0. I'm attaching my calibration. You can pop it open in a text editor and see the launch settings are in this kal.

I'm betting it has something to do with parsing the nitrous parameters.

Wayne
Attachments
k20a2-rsx-650cc-jrsc-10-psi-133-low-cut-re-adjusted.kal
(46.47 KiB) Downloaded 116 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

As long as you enable them, save and then reopen them the settings are saved.
Razathorn

Post by Razathorn »

Spunkster wrote:As long as you enable them, save and then reopen them the settings are saved.
Indeed. The problem is that people are opening up kmanager to do some tuning, getting an updated kmanager, loading their old calibration from 6 months ago that worked fine, adjusting something like pulling a few degrees of ignition for knock, then saving and uploading, and then their launch control suddenly goes missing.

It's easy enough to fix, but the first indication of a problem for me was when I tried my launch control. Doh!

Wayne