ROMeditor 4 does not save my bins

ROM Editor 4 tuning software questions and answers.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Describe exactly how you have everything hooked up.
V-Spec race development

Post by V-Spec race development »

ok, as I described on my previous post, I'm using Dell notebook w/ vista. I downloaded the latest RE4 and i hooked up the cable and followed on how to install driver. Once that was done, I reboot the system and open RE4 and checked for updates and everything are up to date. Then I hooked up the re4 cable to one of the usb port and the other side w/c is the big side hook up to the blue box or interface box serial # 4132. Then the little cable from the blue box to the ecu. Now for the transtronic romulator, I have the keyspan usb to serial adapter. I hooked up the usb side to my notebook on another port and the romulator hooked up to the ecu with the red ribbon facing the wire harness of the ecu. I went to my device manager and see where/what com port the keyspan at and it says com4. So then I went to option, setting and click the tab s200 and checked "Rom editor 4 datalogging" checked Transtronics romulator and set to com4 as what it was showing on my device manager. I have the pocket programmer so I checked that as well. On the general tab, the box that says "file association" is not check. I had check that box before but it did not do anything as far as loading or saving a base map. So now, I picked a base map w/c was for stock p72 and tried to upload it while the ignition is on but not the engine running and it would always says " usb/serial cable cannot be detected" I also tried using the Ostrich romulator to this notebook w/ no success. I also tried using another laptop w/c is using windows xp, download the latest software and installed driver and updated and follow the instruction on how to load a calibration and still no go.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Have you ever used any other USB to serial adapters, or any DIY kits or software for tuning....like megasquirt?
V-Spec race development

I have not tried using other usb to serial adapter, what do you recommend. I tune people's car w/ S300 w/ no problem. I have tuned few other cars w/ the old s200 rom editor 3 before I upgrade to re4. I never use any other diy kits or any other software for tuning.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Please call us for an RMA number and we can test it.
V-Spec race development

Thank you. I'll be sending it to your way today.