S300 and MSD ignition

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
CB7H22

S300 and MSD ignition

Post by CB7H22 »

I am about to install an MSD digital 6 and Blaster SS coil on my car to replace the stock ignition system. I have an H22A1 with an S300 that has been professionally tuned and PLX M300 wideband running closed loop. When I install the Digital 6 and Blaster SS coil, will I have to retune the ECU or should I be good to go? I've been daily driving the car, but it is not my only vehicle in case I do need a retune.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

No, you should not have to retune, but the aftermarket ignition systems often cause interference with datalogging.
inteGReddy

Post by inteGReddy »

Spunkster wrote:No, you should not have to retune, but the aftermarket ignition systems often cause interference with datalogging.
I have used a MSD Distributor with my s300 unit and intereference can be an issue.

Dont forget that Honda ignitions are sufficient for upwards of 400 hp! Hondata alone should be sufficient for tuning your timing curve as well.
Silverbeast

Post by Silverbeast »

Have made 500+ 600 + on stock ignitions.

I would trust it 100%.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

We've seen 930 hp on a stock ignition.
Hondata
CB7H22

Post by CB7H22 »

I had to replace my coil and this is the route I chose. I know that it is an unnecessary upgrade for horsepower, but it has other features that I would like to try out.
OTT

Post by OTT »

Your ignition will be stable on high boost or very high rpm compared to stock

I use that same setup, MSD6a, blaster coil, msd cap, msd rotor.

Ive had this on the car with a built turbo engine for the last 21,000miles no problem, and the car gets abused daily!

Ive never seen any issues with it or any interference with datalogging. never had that problem.

It should be fine if you keep your wiring top-notch.