94 civic K20Z1 VTC issue

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
cranny

94 civic K20Z1 VTC issue

Post by cranny »

recently finished a K20Z1 swap in a 94 coupe. works and runs great once i cleaned the IACV to get rid of the surging idle. have another issue ive never encountered. the VTC gear isnt moving. its locked on 0 cam the whole time. ive tried a known working VTC actuator , no success. its not throwing any codes at all. engine has never been apart , it has 30k on it. car is running Kpro of course.

car has a hybrid racing converison harness.

i know the rules so please dont post a link to them. if you need the serial number and that that badly , ill get it im doing this for a customer. it all legal and legit or it wouldnt be in my shop. you guys know me well and see me here all the time so.

any insight spunkster or anyone would be great.

the one suggestion i got on k20a.org was that the Kpro was set up for 05-06 VTC. this doesnt make sense to me but maybe i dont know. he bought the Kpro used on k20a.org an it was advertised as 02-04.

thanks alot guys!
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

It sounds like the KPro was for an 05-06 RSX - what harness is the car using? The serial number would allow us to look up and see if the ECU has been modified for the 05-06.
Hondata
cranny

Post by cranny »

i know im working on getting it from him , thanks for the response though. it was advertised as 02-04. hes using an 02-04 rsx-s engine harness. its a k20z1. hybrid racing conversion harness. everything woks fine except the cam stays at 0. ill get the serial and post it up when i get it , thanks my man.
6spd_ek

Post by 6spd_ek »

any news? I know someone else having the same exact issue with a k24a2. are you 100% sure you have a 02-04 engine harness? see if you can locate the sticker that has the part # on it somewhere on the harness