Cranny can you please check datalog

K-Series Programmable ECU Calibration updates / downloads
remus

Post by remus »

Cranny will try it tonight or first thing tomorrow.
Thanks
Slip_Angle

Post by Slip_Angle »

cranny wrote:well its not like were doing this on a dyno , so im just feeling it out based on his feedback buddy , thats all. ive seen a few k24 hybrids that love 30cam all the way almost so. for no other reason buddy. if he says it doesnt feel as good again , ill drop it down a notch lower than before , try again.
Alright, just curious if there was something you knew that I wasn't aware of... that's all. I think you'll make more power following the general cam angles found in the newer k24a2 tunes... mine is based on those and according to my Theta Dyno information they make the most power.

Food for thought.

Hey, I noticed you have 2% fuel trim for cylinders 2 and 3. Was this something you added to his calibration? I was measuring my header temps today and noticed cylinder 3 runs hotter than the rest and 4 is the coolest. I want to do some more testing but I'm curious about this...

Thanks.
keto06

Post by keto06 »

cranny wrote:always keep the newest version yes.

made a couple changes to the cam angles. see if it feels any better to you. your fuel is pretty good , part throttle and WOT.
The funny part about that map is that its almost identical cam angles to the theta dyno tuned k20a2 map I have. How weird right?
cranny

Post by cranny »

no i never set that like that , nor did i notice , good eye slip. why someone would have put that like is beyond me. if you have the means to measure air/fuel and EGT for each individual cylinder to tune them , than sure but.
Slip_Angle

Post by Slip_Angle »

Remus,

Did you get a chance to try my calibration?
remus

Post by remus »

Slip_angle I did try it and did not like the throttle let go when i would step on/off the gas. The WOT run was okay. The immobilizer was enabled and I couldn't start my car. I disabled it and it started. I left the multiplexer on normal operation, what does it do and do I leave it as is.
Attachments
slipangle.rar
(124.42 KiB) Downloaded 230 times
remus

Post by remus »

Cranny, I ran your tune seamed identical except for around 5800 to 6400 rpm.Here is the log.
Attachments
cranny3.rar
(382.55 KiB) Downloaded 242 times
Slip_Angle

Post by Slip_Angle »

remus wrote:Slip_angle I did try it and did not like the throttle let go when i would step on/off the gas. The WOT run was okay. The immobilizer was enabled and I couldn't start my car. I disabled it and it started. I left the multiplexer on normal operation, what does it do and do I leave it as is.
You need to set the TPS for your car. (Parameters, Knock/TPS) Mine is 1% at no throttle and 102% at full. Yours may be 0% at no throttle and 100% at full... Could also be the fuel overrun cutoff checkbox. Should be an easy fix.

I noticed you only went to 5700rpm on the WOT run. Any reason why? The A/F looks pretty rich too so I think possibly your exhaust is more restrictive than mine.

No knock in the log, so that is good.

Multiplexer is needed to make things like your gauges works (engine temp) etc...
cranny

Post by cranny »

remus wrote:Cranny, I ran your tune seamed identical except for around 5800 to 6400 rpm.Here is the log.
what was different 5800-6400? lol. elaborate.
keto06

Post by keto06 »

Ok. So I know my opinion means very little but I wanted to say something.

I used the Razdyno program and compensated for the weight of the TSX and the gear ratios and then graphed it and although the numbers are prolly off, the one thing that showed was the torque drop off is pretty serious from around 4100 and after. I dont know what to tell you but it seems like it might like different cam angles or something....You prolly need something closer to the 04-05 TSX Stock kal that comes with Hondata.

I recommend trying to fix the problems with Slip_Angles map if he has done Theta Dyno work on it. I use theta dyno a lot on my RSX. Keep posting datalogs and I will help graph them and try and help you out if you want me too.
remus

Post by remus »

Cranny, the car pulled harder in that area I easily felt it.
remus

Post by remus »

Keto, anyone that would like to help me is invited to. So thanks to everyone.
keto06

Post by keto06 »

remus wrote:Keto, anyone that would like to help me is invited to. So thanks to everyone.
Thought I would post this

http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=67739

Like I said, if Slip_Angle has a lot of work into his, and since his is similar to that one, I recommend using it. Though I would try the kal it recommends in that thread.
T13R

Post by T13R »

Hi, I'm Remus's brother. I've been doing a lot of research lately to help him out with his tune looking at materials from Hondata and others as well. I've got a few questions to clarify some things that I'm unsure of.

First off Cranny, are you able to elaborate on why the initial tune isn't good? Is it because part throttle and wot on the low cam aren't good? Is the AFR way off on the high cam, or fuel curves are too spiky and not smooth enough? Maybe because of the knocks generated or the cam angles look all over the place?

I know that for the RSX a 13.5:1 AFR is the best for power. Does this hold true for the K24 also? I've been looking over the logs and from the VTEC switchover on the initial tune until lifting off at high rpms, the AFR averages out to about 13.0:1. I've also been loading up the runs with Raz Dyno and Theta Dyno and so far the initial tune still seems to be the most powerful out of all the logs taken so far, but of course I know that this is a work in progress.

I know the low cam maps are running way too rich at part throttle and wot at the moment, but that also wasn't tuned yet. I've also noticed that all the logs seem to show rich AFRs almost everywhere on the low cam at part throttle and wot. I was there when the guy did the tune for my brother and I know he worked only on the high cam at wot. Also the guy's reason to add 2% fuel trim to cylinders 2 and 3 is that according to his experiences with the K24 (other projects), those cylinders seem to run hotter. I don't have any proof of that however.

I'd also like to give a clear breakdown of what is installed on the car:

- Hondata Intake Manifold Gasket
- Modified stock air box with K&N filter
- Free flow catalytic converter
- '06 TSX Throttle Body
- '06 TSX cams
- 45 Degrees VTC
- Headers and exhaust are stock (the filename of the tune is misleading)

@Slip_Angle, thanks for the explanation on the multiplexer. Also, the reason why the log was stopped at 5700 rpm is because he ran out of road and didn't get a chance at another run. As for the TPS settings, they are identical to what you have, 1% no throttle and 102% full throttle.

I appreciate everyones help and look forward to being educated a little bit more on tuning with KPro.
Slip_Angle

Post by Slip_Angle »

keto06 wrote:
remus wrote:Keto, anyone that would like to help me is invited to. So thanks to everyone.
Thought I would post this

http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=67739

Like I said, if Slip_Angle has a lot of work into his, and since his is similar to that one, I recommend using it. Though I would try the kal it recommends in that thread.
My calibration is based off the one in the thread you posted above, although I've done a fair bit of work to it in both open and closed loop.