How to tune tip-in and tip-out??

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
chrisfjr83

How to tune tip-in and tip-out??

Post by chrisfjr83 »

I have been having having issues with my car bogging and jerking when getting into the throttle and letting out of the throttle and was wondering how to tune my tip-in and tip-out? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

chrisfjr83

Post by chrisfjr83 »

I have already done that and nothing has changed on my tip in and tip out so what else can I try to try and eliminate the problem?
chrisfjr83

Post by chrisfjr83 »

why do we not have tip in and tip out controls like s300???
chrisfjr83

Post by chrisfjr83 »

does no one have any response to this
6spd_ek

Post by 6spd_ek »

what throttle body are you using? have you looked at a datalog to make sure the TPS is reading properly?
chrisfjr83

Post by chrisfjr83 »

I am using my factory throttle body. and I have looked at a data log and everything looks to be working correctly.
f1racr

Post by f1racr »

Not sure if it's exactly the same issue, but ever since I've had my K-Pro the car's had a terrible hesistation when at lower RPM (below 2500rpm) and only using light throttle. When you accelerate hard it would stutter for a matter of maybe half a second then pickup and all was well.

I thought I'd missed something in the tune and spent a while reviewing but then it seemed that it was a bug.......after logging some data we could see the timing go into negative numbers, then fluctuate up and down, then finally start pulling the numbers you'd expect.

There's a fix for my exact issue here........ http://www.hondata.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10162 which did resolve my issue........ maybe you're having the same thing ?

Hope it's a help.
taitcw

Post by taitcw »

Hi ppl,

I daily drive a lot (traffic jam). At low RPM (<1500) + Gear 1, engine can rock like mad. I believe it has something to do with fuel cutoff.

After I checked the "Disable fuel over-run cutoff delay" item under [Closed Loop] tab, the problem seems to be gone.

Observation:
After the setting change, there seems to be a delay in fuel cut after I release the gas pedal (~0.5s).

Hope this info helps.

DT