M&W pro-10 with Resistor plugs

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
jetspeedz

M&W pro-10 with Resistor plugs

Post by jetspeedz »

I'm using the BK7RE which is recommended by Hondata as resistor plugs, however the M&W pro-10 recommends non resistor pugs. Has anyone had any issues going either way?

The m&w is on its way so don't have it yet but will soon
locash

Post by locash »

I've used both with no problems, but we normally use non-resistor plugs for the cars that normally run the Pro10 boxes, as they are usually high hp cars, and the standard resistor plugs are not available in the heat range we desire (unless we want to use iridium plugs). Just be sure to mount the Pro10 box as far away from the ecu as you can..
Locash Racing, LLC
Hondata Sales and Tuning
Dynapack 4000 2wd Dyno
In-Shop CNC Machining and Product Manufacturing
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You need to use Resistor plugs, and we have seen the stock ignition system make nearly 1000 hp.
jetspeedz

Post by jetspeedz »

thanks for the replies, i want to stay away from stock b/c the ICM is the weak point, when it gets hot it dies and ive had 2 die on me. With the M&W no more ICM which is a blessing.

By high hp how much you talking here near 900 or the 500 range? mine was close to 500 on pump and it had ignition break up issues so with this resolved im sure we can pull even more boost and break 500 on stock which is the goal for me.
locash

Post by locash »

I was talking about 800-1100hp cars.. At 500hp, you could stick with the resistor plugs and the stock distributor with no issues, assuming you have decent components (not a 10-15 year old ignitor and coil)..
Locash Racing, LLC
Hondata Sales and Tuning
Dynapack 4000 2wd Dyno
In-Shop CNC Machining and Product Manufacturing
jetspeedz

Post by jetspeedz »

got it thanks, car will be near 900 hp by the time im done so for now ill be fine with resistor plugs
airshifter

Post by airshifter »

we use bkr9eix plugs with oem wires with our pro-10 and many customers, it says not to do that, but i haven't had any misfiring @ 50+psi