Protection > Radiator fan control

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
AllMotorMatt

Protection > Radiator fan control

Post by AllMotorMatt »

Greetings!
I seem to be having a lapse in judgment here when attempting to use the radiator fan control under protection.

I was just trying to test it and set both parameters to 0 and no dice. I then went through trying to set temp to 80 and max speed to 100, etc and no dice.

AM I missing a glaring omission?
93 DA
Ls/Vtec
S300
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

The DA may not have the wiring that goes to the ECU from the fan. You will have to wire in a relay and run wires from the ECU to the relay to the fan.
HeitorVTiBR

Post by HeitorVTiBR »

Control the fan on the S300, it works without any major external modifications?
only change that will work?
even in s300j + p08j?

thanks
Revspeed

Post by Revspeed »

HeitorVTiBR wrote:Control the fan on the S300, it works without any major external modifications?
even in s300j + p08j?

thanks
i know for sure on 92-00 civic s and integra
as long as your fan is wire stock
it works perfect :wink: :wink:
AllMotorMatt

Post by AllMotorMatt »

Revspeed wrote:
HeitorVTiBR wrote:Control the fan on the S300, it works without any major external modifications?
even in s300j + p08j?

thanks
i know for sure on 92-00 civic s and integra
as long as your fan is wire stock
it works perfect :wink: :wink:
Well if this is the case could you post up some sample parameters that would work? No matter what values I specify it doesn't seem to work.
All wiring is stock for the fan.
93 DA
Ls/Vtec
S300
kmaz93da

Post by kmaz93da »

it does not work on our da's,i went threw same thing.. fan turns on by fan control switch grounds wire to fan, not ecu, you can wire in relay and it will work, or buy a low temp fan switch from mitshimoto or spoon and fan will turn on at 170deg..
Johnny_9

Wire in a Relay for Fan Control

Post by Johnny_9 »

Spunkster wrote:The DA may not have the wiring that goes to the ECU from the fan. You will have to wire in a relay and run wires from the ECU to the relay to the fan.
Appreciate if explain this more. Do you have to put in an additional Relay or use the existing relay in the underhood fuse box (Civic 96-98 OB2a).

Also is an additional relay is used, does it needs to run after the ELD, so the ELD see when the fan is on and the ECU can adjust idle (thru the IACV duty cycle?)

If you do wire in the relay, will the "FANC" sensor show "on" when the radiator fan is running?

What is the the voltage out from FANC (A27) when the fan is triggered - is it 12V?