SManager V1.5.3 beta

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: SManager V1.5.2 beta

Post by Hondata »

Where were to calibrations stored? What did you need to do to load them?
Hondata
Jaker

Post by Jaker »

They were somehow in some really obscure folder where I have never stored them before. I simply did a search on *.s3d and *.skl. Windows did the rest. The folder where I found them had no other calibration or datalog files, whereas in the past all the files came up in the window when clicking on the "open" icon.
V-Spec race development

Post by V-Spec race development »

Hondata wrote:More information is needed:
- what version of windows
- can you see the calibrations from windows explorer
- when you say 'gone', do you mean the calibrations are not visible or that they do not load?
Windows Vista
I am not sure what you mean if I can see the cal from windows explorer
Calibration cannot be found not like the older version when you click "Open an existing calibration" folder and all my calibration are there ready to upload.

Note: I just re upload v1.5.2 and still no luck. Please check this issue, I never had this problem ever w/ any version. When I normally upload new version, I click the folder where existing calibration and all my calibration are all there but not w/ this version. I hate to go back again and re-upload v1.5.1. thank you in advance.
Jaker

Post by Jaker »

Do a Windows file search for files using the search string *.s3d for datalogs and *.skl for your calibrations. Windows will find all the occurences of those file extensions on your hard drive. Then just move those files from the folder where they are found to the folder that SManager uses for files.
V-Spec race development

Jaker wrote:Do a Windows file search for files using the search string *.s3d for datalogs and *.skl for your calibrations. Windows will find all the occurences of those file extensions on your hard drive. Then just move those files from the folder where they are found to the folder that SManager uses for files.
I did that and only a few showed up but not all my calibration specially my customer's files weren't found. Thanks for the help, I hope hondata fix this.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

From the information which you've given, this is a Windows issue - not SManager. SManager installation does not delete or move files.
Hondata
Jaker

Post by Jaker »

My experience and observations echo what V-spec has said. Never before when downloading newer versions of SManager have I had to go "searching" to find my calibrations and datalogs. They have always been in the same folder that opens when I click on the open calibration (file) button. I have made no changes or updates to Windows in the recent past. I had however opened my calibration and datalogs only days ago (just a couple days before downloading 1.5.2) and they both where found where I expected them.
V-Spec race development

Jaker wrote:My experience and observations echo what V-spec has said. Never before when downloading newer versions of SManager have I had to go "searching" to find my calibrations and datalogs. They have always been in the same folder that opens when I click on the open calibration (file) button. I have made no changes or updates to Windows in the recent past. I had however opened my calibration and datalogs only days ago (just a couple days before downloading 1.5.2) and they both where found where I expected them.
Yes, that's exactly right. Hondata, This NEVER happen before, I NEVER had any problem EVER before until I uploaded v 1.5.2 and why am I able to go back to v1.5.1 and all my calibration are there? It's not a windows problem, It's the new version. It's a silly question but have you uploaded this new version to your own computer? because I know there's nothing wrong with my OS. thank you in advance.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

If you wish that I look at this problem then you're going to have to provide enough information for me to replicate it, and explain what you are seeing in enough detail for me to understand what you mean. At this point I don't even know where you were saving the calibrations, and your posts do not make it clear if the calibrations were moved, missing or deleted.

- What version of windows are you using?
- What version of SManager were you using when the calibrations were visible?
- What user account and permissions was the first version of SManager installed under?
- What user account was the first version of SManager used under?
- Where were the calibrations saved?
- What user account and permissions was the second version of SManager installed under?
- Did the default save directory change after the install?
- Could you find the calibrations using search?
- Where were they?
Hondata
V-Spec race development

Hondata wrote:If you wish that I look at this problem then you're going to have to provide enough information for me to replicate it, and explain what you are seeing in enough detail for me to understand what you mean. At this point I don't even know where you were saving the calibrations, and your posts do not make it clear if the calibrations were moved, missing or deleted.

- What version of windows are you using?
- What version of SManager were you using when the calibrations were visible?
- What user account and permissions was the first version of SManager installed under?
- What user account was the first version of SManager used under?
- Where were the calibrations saved?
- What user account and permissions was the second version of SManager installed under?
- Did the default save directory change after the install?
- Could you find the calibrations using search?
- Where were they?
- Windows Vista
-Version 1.5.1
-Run as administrator "i hope that's what you mean"
-Run as administrator
-Save in- Smanager-calibration files (*.skl)
-Administrator
-No
-Yes a few but not all. I searched (*.skl) and only 10 calibration, I have way more than that
-Under indexed location,10 calibration showed up but when i tick the box "include non-indexed,hidden,and system files" search and all of them showed up
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

-Save in- Smanager-calibration files (*.skl)
-Under indexed location
You need to tell me there the calibrations were stored, and where you found them.
Hondata
alifatahi

Post by alifatahi »

Can someone post up screen shots of the new interface, i really don't want to install this if it has bugs
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: SManager V1.5.3 beta

Post by Hondata »

SManager V1.5.3 has been released.

We have spent some time testing with non-US regional settings. All numbers should be shown with the correct regional settings (in settings, tables, sensors, display window). Number may be entered either using the regional settings or by using the period as the decimal settings.

We also have changed the behavior of some of the rpm values. Previously, a rpm value used in a test (eg secondary table minimum rpm) would never trigger with a zero value, which caused some pain to our users. Now a zero rpm value will trigger correctly.
Hondata
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

alifatahi: The interface has not changed, so a screen shot will look the same. We always update beta versions to fix any problems, so there are no known bugs in this release.
Hondata
V-Spec race development

I uploaded this new version and same problem. Here's what I found I think the reason why I can't see all my files/calibration:
When I open the smanager, I click the folder right next to "New calibration" and when I open it, on top of the screen that says " look in:" and I'm on Smanager then inside the box/window I see 2 folders:

-Calibrations
-Drivers

Then at the bottom it says:

file name: _____________________________ (Open)
files of type: Calibration files (*.skl, *.re4) (Cancel)

Here's I think the reason why we can't find our files/calibration, Look at the top where it says "Files of Type", Instead of looking for (*.skl), The *.re4 is showing along w/ the (*.skl). The *.re4 should not be included.

The reason I found this out is because when I opened the calibration that I found when I search (*.skl), when I click the file on the top left corner of the Smanager and click save as, the "save as type": shows "Calibration files (*.skl) and NOT (*.skl, *.re4)

I hope I explain this good enough and I hope not for you to get confused.