Kpro ordering will be my next problem - how to fix it?

Hondata model coverage & ECU application questions.
05typeR

Kpro ordering will be my next problem - how to fix it?

Post by 05typeR »

Ok guys, after looking into which ECU I will use on my car, I decide to use the PRA because the KPro III has 8 analog and 1 digital input which i can use for the wideband sensor so why go through the trouble of simple wiring in trying to use the PRC ECU when i can just use my own and can always go back to it if i have any problems. . .anyway. . .

started this back and forth email between myself and a hondata dealer in P.R (the closet to me) and he send me this online form. . .
http://www.hondata.com/kproecuinfoform.html

when i got to the bottom i saw this "PRA ECUs are for use in European Civic Type Rs only. These must be prepared by a European dealer. Hondata will not install K-Pro into any PRA ECUs."

how do i get around this? its kindda crazy, we import all of our vehicles so we have a bit of all types (JDM, UKDM, USDM, Korea, India, German etc) am i to send the ecu to the UK?

this is the dealer i am currently communicating with:

Import Performance
Road 130 Km 4.9
Arecibo PR 614 Puerto Rico
787-820-6548
mpg5308@gmail.com
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Kpro ordering will be my next problem - how to fix it?

Post by Hondata »

First, what vehicle do you have? You should use the correct ECU for the vehicle to save re-wiring etc.
Hondata
05typeR

Post by 05typeR »

Hondata wrote:First, what vehicle do you have? You should use the correct ECU for the vehicle to save re-wiring etc.

I have a 2005 Honda Civic Type R (EP3) UKDM which is now located thousands of miles away from the UK.

The car is currently in the stock trim.

I was only thinking about wiring to get the datalog feature with the wideband from the PRC ECU, but now with the KPro III i can use the input i no longer have to go this route.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Use the PRA ECU. We'll install it into the PRA since it is a Euro vehicle. The statement on the socketing form about Hondata not installing into PRA ECUs was because US dealers would get PRA ECUs, get us to install KPros, then send them to Europe, and then when the customer had a problem there was no local support for them.
Hondata
05typeR

Post by 05typeR »

Hondata wrote:Use the PRA ECU. We'll install it into the PRA since it is a Euro vehicle. The statement on the socketing form about Hondata not installing into PRA ECUs was because US dealers would get PRA ECUs, get us to install KPros, then send them to Europe, and then when the customer had a problem there was no local support for them.
Ok. So im all set, i will continue to deal with the dealer which i posted in my first post.

Import Performance
Road 130 Km 4.9
Arecibo PR 614 Puerto Rico
787-820-6548
mpg5308@gmail.com

Thanks.
05typeR

Post by 05typeR »

Ok guys, I'm ready to send me ECU to be KProed but cant seem to get in contact with the guy in P.R.

Is there any other way of me ordering this unit?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You must go though one of our dealers