02-04 RSX (Type S 6spd PRB) or 02-04 (RSX Base 5 spd PND)

Hondata model coverage & ECU application questions.
cg6accord

02-04 RSX (Type S 6spd PRB) or 02-04 (RSX Base 5 spd PND)

Post by cg6accord »

Hi guys I'm about to order KPRO and just had a questions.

I have a 02-04 Base 5spd Rsx ecu for my k24/k20 swap which is using an accord K24a4 accord 5spd trans. Since I won't be using a 6spd rsx transmission would it be best to send out the rsx 5spd pnd ecu to get Kpro or would it be smart to buy a 02-04 rsx 6spd ecu from a friend who has it on hand. I was wondering if there was any technical issues with this setup if I bought his ecu? since the ecu is for a 6spd and the trans I'm using for for a 5spd accord?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: 02-04 RSX (Type S 6spd PRB) or 02-04 (RSX Base 5 spd PND

Post by Spunkster »

I believe that the accord ECU uses a high frequency output and you will have problem with getting a proper speed signal.
cg6accord

Post by cg6accord »

Yes I did read about that but I won't be using an accord ecu but only the accord 5spd transmisson for my K20/K24 setup with kpro.

My question is more towards which ecu to use the Base 5spd rsx ecu which I have on hand that need to be sent out for kpro or one I can get local from a friend from his 02-04 rsx-s 6spd with kpro. Also if the 6spd ecu works on the 5spd accord trans how will that effect reverse lockout for the 5sdp trans? or will it not.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You can use either ECU, but that transmission will not give you a proper speed signal and vtec and vtc will not engage. You need to use a low frequency transmission.
cg6accord

Post by cg6accord »

Yes that was I thought might be the problem with using the k24 5spd trans. I found a link below about converting frequency of the trans is this an option and how big of a pita would it be? I have no option but to use the K24 5spd trans since the mount kit is for that trans and I already have everything ready to go. I just want to make sure I can get these to work, my friend doing the swap is very good with honda's and wiring etc.

http://www.hondata.com/techk20transmissions.html
cg6accord

Post by cg6accord »

vtec and vtc will not engage and that I need to use a low frequency transmission.

Is this true I think I did read about being able to convert the trans to a low frequency and vise versa if needed. I'm not even sure if the accord trans is high frequency? but I heard you can only run high or low not both. Is this something that Kpro has in settings that you can adjust/fix. I also heard about the Hybrid racing VSS converter which options are best. Just looking at my receipt for my transmission it's off a 04 accord would anyone know if this would mean it's low frequency by chance.