Map switching via cabin switches

FlashPro Manager software
ajpturbopittsburgh

Map switching via cabin switches

Post by ajpturbopittsburgh »

Is it possible to switch maps by pressing any of the in cabing switches? i.e cruise or HVAC controls?

When I increase boost and run race fuel I have a high boost tune and have to flash the ECU and keep the flashpro with me.

For my 2008 G35 Uprev is a tuning solution and it has the ability to select up to 3 different tunes by pressing the cruise control buttons.

I have a 2008 U.S. civic SI
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Map switching via cabin switches

Post by Spunkster »

No this is not possible. Sorry
ajpturbopittsburgh

Is it from a lack of functionality of the software or is the Civic's ECU inferior to other ECU's?
littlebo

Post by littlebo »

Guess your G35 tune is based on a piggyack, lots of em has such ability to carry some different cals and switch em on the fly. Honda tune is based on changing native calibration in the ecu via flashpro , it has no space to carry more than 1 calibration. Maybe Hondata will develop a flashpro which can carry few calibration onboard and you can flash em by pressing a button. Not shure lots of ppl really need this, real racers anyway will check everything with laptop before race or drag. Switching cals is a nice trick for boosted cars but we have what we have, native ecu runs engine much better than piggy on the other end )
Last edited by littlebo on Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
august77

Post by august77 »

littlebo wrote:Guess your G35 tube is based on a piggyack, lots of em has such ability to carry some different cals and switch em on the fly. Honda tune is based on changing native calibration in the ecu via flashpro , it has no space to carry more than 1 calibration. Maybe Hondata will develop a flashpro which can carry few calibration onboard and you can flash em by pressing a button. Not shure lots of ppl really need this, real racers anyway will check everything with laptop before race or drag. Switching cals is a nice trick for boosted cars but we have what we have, native ecu runs engine much better than piggy on the other end )
Actually Uprev is a reflashing solution for Nissan, same method used by Hondata FlashPro.

The only difference is the ECU.. Nissan ECU is capable of storing more than one map, while Honda is limited to one map only.
ajpturbopittsburgh

littlebo wrote:Guess your G35 tune is based on a piggyack, lots of em has such ability to carry some different cals and switch em on the fly. Honda tune is based on changing native calibration in the ecu via flashpro , it has no space to carry more than 1 calibration. Maybe Hondata will develop a flashpro which can carry few calibration onboard and you can flash em by pressing a button. Not shure lots of ppl really need this, real racers anyway will check everything with laptop before race or drag. Switching cals is a nice trick for boosted cars but we have what we have, native ecu runs engine much better than piggy on the other end )
august77 beat me to it.

Littlebo you are way off. Hondata's flashpro already can store 2 calibrations

No need to do a "trick" with a boosted car. I run the same cal all the time in my boosted fa5.

Actually, alot of people would enjoy map switching for things like valet tune, no start tune(security tune) for when dropping the car off at the airport and garages, teenage driver tune, need more?