tsx flashpro, base calibrations for k24

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2007-2008 US TSX
smithgrinds

tsx flashpro, base calibrations for k24

Post by smithgrinds »

Hello, i was wondering when you purchase the flashpro for the tsx. Does it include the flash maps that you sell for the 04,05,06 tsx? i'm wondering about trying those maps if i do purchase the flashpro.

I do have a 2004 tsx, but the engines starting to get a bit old. I was thinking to run the flash map you guys have for the 2004(if it's available) until i'm ready to do my rebuild, then when i do the rebuild i'd like to get it to the 2005 spec and use that reflash map.

That's the main reason i'm wondering if the flashpro comes with the 2004,2005, 2006 maps you guys sell?

thank you :)

i see this one that might be not too bad
FG2/FA5, MAP based, TSX bottom end, Civic Si head, Civic Si cams, RDX injectors, CAI, Buddyclub header, no cat.
but i thought that tsx cams are bigger than SI cams. Thanks guys, i'm excited to maximize more power out of my k24a2 :)
Zoro2006

Re: tsx flashpro, base calibrations for k24

Post by Zoro2006 »

smithgrinds wrote:Hello, i was wondering when you purchase the flashpro for the tsx. Does it include the flash maps that you sell for the 04,05,06 tsx? i'm wondering about trying those maps if i do purchase the flashpro.

I do have a 2004 tsx, but the engines starting to get a bit old. I was thinking to run the flash map you guys have for the 2004(if it's available) until i'm ready to do my rebuild, then when i do the rebuild i'd like to get it to the 2005 spec and use that reflash map.

That's the main reason i'm wondering if the flashpro comes with the 2004,2005, 2006 maps you guys sell?

thank you :)

i see this one that might be not too bad
FG2/FA5, MAP based, TSX bottom end, Civic Si head, Civic Si cams, RDX injectors, CAI, Buddyclub header, no cat.
but i thought that tsx cams are bigger than SI cams. Thanks guys, i'm excited to maximize more power out of my k24a2 :)
it's better to make a custom map when you have all mods installed. FlashPro comes with Hondata maps for TSX and you can use them. TSX cams from 06-08 are better then SI cams, you can use only intake cam as exhaust one is the same for all TSX. Also install VTC 50 degree gear it wll help a lot in midrange to get more power.
Known as Vaikis_
smithgrinds

Post by smithgrinds »

awesome information zoro2006 :)

i can look for a 50degree vtc gear and a 06-08 intake cam and i'm good
yea i just wanted to use those maps as a base, then take it to the dyno for fine tune for my particular setup.

Do you know if the 06+tsx head is much different than the 04's? besides the +1mm on the intake valve? i have heard ppl say they use typeS or Si heads, but i'm thinking if i can keep costs down by just refreshing the head and use the 06-08 intake cam and 50degree vtc intake gear i'll just do that. i looked at the dyno graphs from the 05 reflash and the power/torque look pretty good for a daily. i'm not racing or anything i just wanted a more peppy daily.

thanks again man :)
Zoro2006

Post by Zoro2006 »

smithgrinds wrote:awesome information zoro2006 :)

i can look for a 50degree vtc gear and a 06-08 intake cam and i'm good
yea i just wanted to use those maps as a base, then take it to the dyno for fine tune for my particular setup.

Do you know if the 06+tsx head is much different than the 04's? besides the +1mm on the intake valve? i have heard ppl say they use typeS or Si heads, but i'm thinking if i can keep costs down by just refreshing the head and use the 06-08 intake cam and 50degree vtc intake gear i'll just do that. i looked at the dyno graphs from the 05 reflash and the power/torque look pretty good for a daily. i'm not racing or anything i just wanted a more peppy daily.

thanks again man :)
you won't gain much with this +1mm on intake valve as our CR is only 10.5:1 I have seen some flow charts for 04-05 and 06-08 heads, there is no big differencies. With typeS or Si head you will not see any gains if rev till 7600 rpm, don't waist money.
Known as Vaikis_
smithgrinds

Post by smithgrinds »

thanks, that is awesome to hear :)
Yea i don't want to gain top end while sacraficing low end torque, specially for a daily driver. I also looked into that RBC intake manifold, but i don't think i'll waste my money on that either now, top end while sacraficing low end torque. Saving money and gains....awesome.

Thanks Zoro...nice to have some real honest advise from another enthusiast :)
if i wanted a header, anything you recommend?
Zoro2006

Post by Zoro2006 »

smithgrinds wrote:thanks, that is awesome to hear :)
Yea i don't want to gain top end while sacraficing low end torque, specially for a daily driver. I also looked into that RBC intake manifold, but i don't think i'll waste my money on that either now, top end while sacraficing low end torque. Saving money and gains....awesome.

Thanks Zoro...nice to have some real honest advise from another enthusiast :)
if i wanted a header, anything you recommend?
if you can spend more on good header - hytech or ASP
Known as Vaikis_
dinoc

Post by dinoc »

So what calibrations are available by default ?
Euro Honda Accord CL9
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

If you download the software and install it, you can see all the calibrations by clicking on New Calibration.
dinoc

Post by dinoc »

I did not buy the flashpro yet.
I've installed the Manager software but I can't see any calibration yet, probably because
is not paired to a flashpro unit yet?
Anyway I want to see a list of the available calibration just to make up my mind before ordering
flashpro.
Euro Honda Accord CL9
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You must install the calibrations when you install the software. Make sure you choose them or there will be no calibrations. Reinstall the software from the downloads section of the website.
dinoc

Post by dinoc »

I did installed them again, chosed to download the 2007 acura tsx M/T calibration
but I still can't see them.
Can you or somebody enumerate here the name of the calibrations, please?
Euro Honda Accord CL9
dinoc

Post by dinoc »

It looks like Hondata is too lazy to respond ... it might be top secret or something ...
can anyone tell me what calibrations are available in FlashPro for CL9 ?
Euro Honda Accord CL9
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

here is a screenshot.
Attachments
TSX calibrations.GIF
TSX calibrations.GIF (30.64 KiB) Viewed 20324 times
dinoc

Post by dinoc »

thank you
Euro Honda Accord CL9
Guix

Post by Guix »

Can I install Tsx base map on civic FG2?