cpr? for 99-00 civics

Hondata CPR (Coil Pack Retrofit) support
LA_HONDAS

cpr? for 99-00 civics

Post by LA_HONDAS »

where do i run the tach signal wire on 99-00 small plug distributors that dont have the blue tach signal wire?

thanks!!!
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: cpr? for 99-00 civics

Post by Spunkster »

You will have to tap into the wire that goes to the cluster that operates the tach. On the SI I believe that is at the ECU.
crucian

Post by crucian »

Spunkster wrote:You will have to tap into the wire that goes to the cluster that operates the tach. On the SI I believe that is at the ECU.
This doesn't make any sense. A19(NEP) on OBDIIB ECUs drive the tachometer, so why do we need to use the CPR tach output wire? If the ECU is driving the tach, do we need to still connect the CPR tach purple wire?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Without it connected does your tach work?
crucian

Post by crucian »

I'll let you know as soon as I install the CPR. Im pretty sure it will work though. I was just going through all my schematics and making sure I identify any potential problems with wiring. I like to draw my schematics on paper and then label all involved wires before I work on anything electrical. That was one of the confusing parts that I got to since the distributor tach wire does not go back into the wiring harness and you guys called for us to tap into that wire.
crucian

Post by crucian »

Spunkster wrote:Without it connected does your tach work?
Yes the tachometer works without the CPR tach wire connected. I'll just leave that wire out of the equation. Don't need it for now. Maybe I'll just connect other gauges or accessories to it.
Muckman

Post by Muckman »

Does the CPR need the tach input to work?
My tach is dead from the OBD2b to OBD1 adapter harness.
In the past Ive always piped the aux tach output from my MSD box into A19 to drive the tach.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

No it does not need the tach connected to work, but it is a good thing to have working. Most cars will need this connected for it to work.