Auto gearbox 3 - 4 - 5 gear lag

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2007-2008 US TSX
Zoro2006

Auto gearbox 3 - 4 - 5 gear lag

Post by Zoro2006 »

Seems that users with Auto gearbox has lag going with 3 or 4 or even 5 gear. Doug maybe you have ideas why this happens ? 1st and 2nd gears don't have these problems.
Attachments
19.12.12 Morning Way 2 Work - S(1).fpdl
(1.95 MiB) Downloaded 361 times
Short Run in 3rd to Redline(2).fpdl
(927.14 KiB) Downloaded 360 times
lag
lag
6400.PNG (67.84 KiB) Viewed 6022 times
Known as Vaikis_
sass

Re: Auto gearbox 3 - 4 - 5 gear lag

Post by sass »

My friends has same problem.

avtomat gear

tiptronic gear
Cr-v RD8+K24A2turbo+Kpro V4 prb+NPR3/6Speed+ТС+ HFS4 v3.2.
DynoWheel = 472kW / 589 N.m
HRX One Mile Challenge = Max Speed 282km
Known as Sniper
Zoro2006

Post by Zoro2006 »

maybe it's due torque convertor which Auto gearboxes have ?
Known as Vaikis_
Mounty

Post by Mounty »

From what the boys and girls at flashrpotuning.com have confirmed, and you should have noticed this yourself, is that it happens at vtec crossover. When the vtec mechanism turns on, needing oil pressure to move that "pin" inside the Rockerarms, there is a slight lobe. They said it would not be a problem to have that 'ironed' out. I will have to buy an e-tune from them, but at the moment, I am not finished installing parts, so I will have to wait, to get the complete tune job.
This happens to me too in 3rd and 4th, also in ss mode, but not as noticeable.
Mounty

Check out my vid on youtube... on the dyno... vtec lobe is audible... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEouSBMSKP8
Zoro2006

Post by Zoro2006 »

Mounty wrote:From what the boys and girls at flashrpotuning.com have confirmed, and you should have noticed this yourself, is that it happens at vtec crossover. When the vtec mechanism turns on, needing oil pressure to move that "pin" inside the Rockerarms, there is a slight lobe. They said it would not be a problem to have that 'ironed' out. I will have to buy an e-tune from them, but at the moment, I am not finished installing parts, so I will have to wait, to get the complete tune job.
This happens to me too in 3rd and 4th, also in ss mode, but not as noticeable.
Mounty

Check out my vid on youtube... on the dyno... vtec lobe is audible... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEouSBMSKP8
this is not due VTEC crossover, this is two different things.
Known as Vaikis_
mabo

Post by mabo »

Read bout converter lock\unlock, this dip is caused by this function of AT tranny, usually looks like one more small gear has changed. Often see this under part throttle acceleration when rpms r almost still but speed continue rising. 1-2 gears have big torque multiplication and this function ( converter lock ) not working under full throttle to reduce stress on tranny, but i can cofirm that 2nd gear can behave like this under light throttle accel.
This function was implemented to save on losses in converter duruing cruising. I can be wrong but gear ratios r fixed and nothing else on a way from crank to wheels can cause this rpms dip.