KPro / KManager requests

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
The Spectacle

Re: KPro / KManager requests

Post by The Spectacle »

I didn't know the S2000 could use the PRB calibrations. That's good to know. Might be helpful to point out in the help file for those of use who don't need the narrowband functionality.

As for the ECU input, I presume the ELD input can be used for the proposed analog input wideband feature?
Arno

Post by Arno »

Hondata wrote:The P02 voltage for the PRA was divided by 4. I've fixed that and hidden the current sensor as you suggested for PRA datalogs.
It's indeed correct now in the datalogs done with the laptop and cycles nicely between 0-1V.

However, any datalogs made with the ECU to the on-board Kpro flash storage and then downloaded still use the old reduced voltage range.

Bye, Arno.
LK7R

Post by LK7R »

PRA ECU
- add possibility to do lamda overlay with data from selected digital input (Options > Settings > Wideband Input > [Lambda Display Selection] "Use digital input")

Thanks

Dan
Arno

Post by Arno »

Kmanager datalog processing suggestion:

How about a 'knock overlay' display on the ignition tables similar to the fuel trim overlay so it's easy with data from longer datalog runs to see at a glance where and how close together in the map cells with knocks still occur and how many were registered in these cells.

Would make is easier to zoom into problem spots quickly and adjust the problem area and make adjustments to the surrounding cells if required.

Not saying that it should suggest the adjustments like the lambda feedback does with the fuel trim overlay, but just a graphical/map based visualisation where knocks occurred. Could probably do it right now with a CSV export from a datalog and some spreadsheet and database fudging, but that's a bit annoying :)

Bye, Arno.
stikerguy

Post by stikerguy »

SHIFTLIGHT OUTPUTS?
sass

Post by sass »

Hondata
Is it possible to add function in datalog to close ALL log files
Cr-v RD8+K24A2turbo+Kpro V4 prb+NPR3/6Speed+ТС+ HFS4 v3.2.
DynoWheel = 472kW / 589 N.m
HRX One Mile Challenge = Max Speed 282km
Known as Sniper
liquid_helix136

Post by liquid_helix136 »

I just started tuning with Kpro on my N/A S2k and while its MUCH easier to tune and runs the car a lot better than the AEM 1052 I had and tuned using AEMPro, theres a couple feature I was upset about not finding in K-Manager.

o2 feedback / Closed Loop inhibit
This helps prevent the big rich spike you get when getting back on the throttle after deceleration. IE: in 6th gear on the freeway, I let off the throttle and am engine braking slowly, AFRs go to full lean due to injectors shutting off, and when I put my foot back on the throttle to maintain a steady speed, AFRs jump to high 11s - mid 12s for about 5 seconds before stabilizing back to 14.7.

o2 FB inhibit keeps the map in open loop for the duration that you choose before closed loop kicks back in. So in the above case, if I have o2 fb inhibit set to 1 second, when I get back on the throttle, the AFRs would shoot to whatever the fuel map dictates (14.7 on a well tuned map) for that initial second, and then closed loop turns back on and begins sweeping like normal, but preventing the large over correction in fuel because the ecu already sees that the fueling is already dead on.

Decel Fuel Cutoff
I'd also like to be able to play with what map/tps setting the injectors shut off at. My car is a tad jerky getting on and off the throttle, and being able to lower that threshold a bit would smooth things out a lot.
liquid_helix136

Post by liquid_helix136 »

Another feature that I think would be an easy and simple addition to Kpro is having the ECU turn off the A/C at WOT (or over a specified load) that way you never have to worry about losing power due to the Air Conditioning sapping power when at full throttle.
Xander

Post by Xander »

Could KManager possibly be adapted for use on Windows 8 RT devoces? I know that I personally would like that, and I'm sure others would as well
Honda9ower

Post by Honda9ower »

It would be useful if there was an extra Nitrous tab, as I run both nitrous and water/meth injection.

I'd also like to be able to use one or more of the analog inputs as arming inputs and outputs for nitrous/datalogging/burnout rev limit etc.
Honda9ower

Post by Honda9ower »

I'd also like the datalog to log the Traction Control 'Target Slip' %. I keep forgetting what I was using when I come back to old datalogs!
Arno

Post by Arno »

It would be nice if it would be possible to datalog/display the idle valve 'commanded' values (not sure if it has some feedback, probably not..) to help debugging issues with idling or overrun vacuum issues that might be related to the valve control.

The whole idle valve control seems to be a bit of a 'black box' at the moment with little actual data you can gather to help find issues in this area. (or rule it out..)

I do get the impression the ECU has some error handling for the idle valve as when it gets gummed up or stuck then it seems to switch to a different idle strategy to at least keep the engine running, albeit more un-even and at an elevated rpm.

Bye, Arno.
gobbledygook

Post by gobbledygook »

I'd also like the option to use the digital input for the fuel adjustment calculations. Currently I can only choose to use the built in wideband lambda, external via ELD or analog input.
phantom90333

Post by phantom90333 »

I would like two things.

1. Have a setting to have datalogging turn on as soon as the ignition it turned on.

2. Not as important but being able to bring up the display separately on a second screen on bootup.

I would like to design and implement an LCD screen with the Kmanager display to replace my RSX dash (aka Tach and Speedo) and have a customizable dash to display boost, rpm, oil pressure, speed and whatnot. I wanna get rid of all my gauges.

The second screen is for the LCD dash but I would like to be able to run Kmanager on my touchscreen where my headunit was as the primary screen.
jostrom

Post by jostrom »

Is there any chance of getting the aftermarket IAT sensor support? Would really like to see this in both K-Pro and S300. This was already in the list made by The Spectacle, but I didn't see any comments by Hondata. Maybe 20 values would cover most of the data supplied by different manufacturers (Bosch, Delphi etc). So a 20row x 2column matrix to set the temperatures and corresponding resistance values (ohm).

Example data: http://www.bosch-motorsport.de/en-US/li ... 610059.pdf