2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT FlashPro Problem

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2007-2008 Acura TL
AccordFlex

2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT FlashPro Problem

Post by AccordFlex »

So basically I am going to be using VitTuned for my FlashPro tune on my 07 Type-S 6MT.

Mods consist of AEM V2, RV6 PCDs, RV6 JPipe, 3rd cat delete, XLR8 Catback, 3.7L manifold port matched to PnP runners, ZDX Throttle Body, XLR8 75a engine mounts, clutch masters stage 3 kevlar clutch etc.

So I got the tune on the car and launch control was set to 5000 rpm, and bounce was at 4700 I think. But anyways launch control worked in 1st gear, but when I took off (didnt launch it either) and I got to 5000 rpm in 1st it saw that lunch control as a rev limiter. 2nd, 3rd and 4th all did the same thing, would rev limit at that launch control point, and not the 6900 redline that the car has. I had to set launch control at 6900 rpm so that I could actually drive the car normally.

Why is the FlashPro doing this? Any insight as to why this is happened would greatly appreciated.

Also another issue I am having is severe knock in cylinder 3. With or without the tune, its showing knock. However the knock counter does not continuously tally the knock, it keeps fluctuating up and down. The count should just go up 1, 2, 3, 4 etc. However its jumping all around with no rhyme or reason. Anyone ever experience this?
Yungone501

Re: 2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT FlashPro Problem

Post by Yungone501 »

According to Hondata, the launch control by looking at both the vehicle movement (VSS perhaps) and if the vehicle is a manual trans it looks for clutch pedal engagement. The easiest way to confirm wether or now the clutch pedal position switch is working or not is by setting cruise control and then pressing the clutch pedal. If the cruise control is deactivated, its ok. If it doesn't, this may be your problem.
AccordFlex

Post by AccordFlex »

Apparently a few others using the FlashPro are encountering these same problems. Launch Control just has to be set over the redline for the time being until an issue is fixed.

For knock, it is a false knock reading, and should be addressed the next update hopefully.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

These should be adressed in the next release of FlashPro manager.

In the mean time, please go to Help in the top of the FlashPro manager software and click on send information to Hondata support. Include a detailed description of the problem.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It should datalog the knock correctly if you use the software to datalog and not just the datalogging button on the FlashPro.

Do you see any other anomalies when datalogging from the FlashPro alone?
sockr1

Post by sockr1 »

Spunkster wrote:It should datalog the knock correctly if you use the software to datalog and not just the datalogging button on the FlashPro.

Do you see any other anomalies when datalogging from the FlashPro alone?
agree with this. knock counts are not logged correctly if using the flashpro alone, but once I started using the laptop it was pretty accurate and counted correctly. Vit gets credit for this one
AccordFlex

Post by AccordFlex »

Played around with the laptop datalogging and it does indeed do a correct knock count, whereas the unit alone will not.
AccordFlex

Post by AccordFlex »

Launch control bug will be fixed along with the knock sensor error next software update.
AccordFlex

Post by AccordFlex »

Any word on if the launch control bug has been resolved along with the knock bug?
skier4lyfe303

Post by skier4lyfe303 »

AccordFlex wrote:Any word on if the launch control bug has been resolved along with the knock bug?
I haven't had any issues with my Launch control (started using Flashpro in the beginning of July). It's set at 5500RPM and works every time I have tried it (haven't actually launched the car yet though). My redline was moved to mid 7K (not sure if that matters). As for knock, I haven't data logged on the Flashpro unit itself, so I can't say if it works or not.