Damaged cpr box

Hondata CPR (Coil Pack Retrofit) support
ROMEO856

Damaged cpr box

Post by ROMEO856 »

I purchased the cpr box a few months ago , I just recently started driving the car has a few dyno passes and 5 total track passes . never had a problem with it till now. I was at the track and after the 2nd pass of that night I was letting car cool off and when we tried going back to the lanes the car would not start. we spent over 30 minutes trying to figure it out and didn't bother checking for spark since the light indicators on the cpr box where all lighting up as they should. took it home and next day I noticed while ignition switch is on my coils was making a noise and it was staying stuck with spark. I end up dismounting the cpr box and noticed the weird smell. it fried two resistors , r5 and r6 If I recall correctly .

now what ? can I just purchase the cpr box apart from the kit or can hondata charge me to fix the one I have now?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Damaged cpr box

Post by Spunkster »

Post a picture of what you are referring to. There is always a weird smell inside the box, due to the plastic used.
ROMEO856

Post by ROMEO856 »

I don't have the box near me right now , if you remove the 4 screws to open the box you will see a that the two flat resistors are black and that the clear on them is burnt off . next to them it say r5 and r6... I can post pics tomorrow morning
kathi

Post by kathi »

It is as I expected. So the small 2-wire connector for the OBD1 distributor is no longer used as the other wire is for IGN Power which I will also hook up to the CPR harness and is recommended to disconnect from the coil inside the distributor. This makes for a clean install, and, if I get a spare socket, also a clean de-install (should I need to do so). So the only small complication will be the ICM wire which is part of the large socket.
kathi