flashpro harness adapter

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2007-2008 US TSX
cl9_TSX

flashpro harness adapter

Post by cl9_TSX »

The instructions say to plug the flashpro harness into the green connector located in the top left area of the glovebox but the connector is in a really tight location and hard to get to. My question is, can I solder the harness to the CAN high/low wires found behind the gauge cluster instead?
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: flashpro harness adapter

Post by Hondata »

No, because that would create a branch of the CAN bus with an incorrect termination resistance.
Hondata
cl9_TSX

Post by cl9_TSX »

So the harness must be connected to the green junction connector? Not even spliced into the can wires right at the ecu connector E plug?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

that is correct.
cl9_TSX

Post by cl9_TSX »

Spunkster wrote:that is correct.
Thanks. Got the harness installed and flashpro seems to recognize the used 07 ECU correctly. At this point, the dealer shouldn't have any problems pairing it to my immobilizer right?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

As long as it is wired correctly it should work.
cl9_TSX

Post by cl9_TSX »

Went ahead to the dealer and they were successful in pairing the ecu and immobilizer. Also was able to upload calibrations to the ecu no problems.

One minor issue was I had to reprogram my remote starter immobilizer bypass module (PKH3) afterwards. Remote starting the car only resulted in a crank but no start situation. Green security key light didn't come on either while the car was cranking which was weird.