solid red light on s300 at time of start up?

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
ej1Tyler

solid red light on s300 at time of start up?

Post by ej1Tyler »

Hey guys seein if I could get some thoughts on this issue..

Motor- built single cam turbo 10 psi, walbro 255, id 1000s

I've been running this s300 on this setup for about a year and half now and have had no issues, this is my dd probably 70 miles a day.

Drove to dinner last night, no issues leavin the house everything started great , came out after dinner tryed to
crank it over and I got a split second of the green light then a solid red, and it would just crank and crank. I feathered the throttle a little and was able to get it to start but a horrid up down idle with the red light on the s300 still. Also while tapping the throttle while it was idling really rough the rpms did nothing, like I wasn't even pressing the gas.

Any thoughts would be great, thanks guys!
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: solid red light on s300 at time of start up?

Post by Hondata »

What type of s300 is it? How old is it?
Hondata
Monnoracing

Post by Monnoracing »

The red light of death. Mine did it also soon after v2 was released its a conspiracy.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

That is not the case. Some S300s are 9 years old, and the battery backup up RAM has a life of 10 years, hence the question. The S300 V2 & V3 don't use battery backup up RAM, so don't have the problem. With heat the battery doesn't last as long. If the vehicle is left without battery power that decreases the battery life as well.
Hondata
ex-r-wagon

Post by ex-r-wagon »

Interesting. I have just had the same thing happen with my S300 (ser# S300-13053). P72 ecu running a built all motor H22A. Car ran fine all Thursday (multiple starts and stops). Go to start it up Friday evening, "Check Engine" light, stumbles and idles very rough (like it's in limp mode). Popped the cover on on the ecu and the "green light blink once, red light on solid" as described above is what I get. So far I've checked the pin connections from the S300 to the ecu and cleaned the pins with a quality contact cleaner, same results when I turn the key to run or try to start the car. Have had this setup running for more than two years and this is the first time I have experienced this problem. I can still communicate with the S300 from my notebook. I can not log or see any real time data (RPM, AFR, coolant temp, etc. on the notebook). Any suggestions to troubleshoot this issue would be appreciated. In the mean time I'm going to double check all my solder connections on the ecu for the S300 module.
ex-r-wagon

Post by ex-r-wagon »

A further update.

I updated Smanager to version 2.3.3.0 and opened my current calibration file. I uploaded the file to the S300 and the green light came on (red light out). Car starts and runs as normal. I can data log (red light blinking). As soon as I turn the car off and then try to start the car again, solid red light and car stumbles. I have to reload the calibration file to the S300 to get the car to run again. Is this the "battery backup ram" issue mentioned in this thread?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Send an email to support <at> hondata.com with the following and I will issue an RMA and give you further
instructions (include a link to this thread):

Name:
Address:
Phone:
Email:
Serial#:
Description of problem:
V-Spec race development

Post by V-Spec race development »

I may have the same problem with customer's ecu. I have the current version 2.3.3.0 and I got solid red light and the car would barely idle. I exit the program and open s300 again and upload my calibration and I got green light and the car would start up fine.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

V-Spec race development wrote:I may have the same problem with customer's ecu. I have the current version 2.3.3.0 and I got solid red light and the car would barely idle. I exit the program and open s300 again and upload my calibration and I got green light and the car would start up fine.
Please start your own thread