randomly lean

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
Lazysk8r2

randomly lean

Post by Lazysk8r2 »

So some background, im no stranger to the forum, iv been having many bugs with my set up after installing the CPR. So after finally get the CPR to work i was having that drop out issue. Found out it was ECU. Cleared that up but then the car would randomly go lean and even die. Thought maybe it was my hondata board no problem i wanted to upgrade the V3 got that back and still did it but it was getting worse. Stopped the dieing issue by replacing the main relay, but the car still randomly like to go lean so where im driving down the highway and cant drive and have to pull over. Im running out of ideas on what it could be iv checked9 the wiring. Im running ID2000. Here is my calibration with datalogs doing it and not doing it.
Attachments
Handy-e85.skl
(44.08 KiB) Downloaded 190 times
not leaning.s3d
(86.16 KiB) Downloaded 156 times
random lean.s3d
(200.05 KiB) Downloaded 197 times
Street Tuner/Dyno Tuner
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: randomly lean

Post by Spunkster »

All I can see in the datalog is that it is going from one column to another column that has less fuel. There is only a change in duty cycle of 1% and the actual opening time in milliseconds is not that different. You should check the fuel pressure when this occurs.
Muckman

Post by Muckman »

It looks like your fuel overrun (decel) is activated and then the engine doesn't maintain idle.
Integra GSR 13.5:1 GT30R 597hp
Evo9 MR SE
Lazysk8r2

Post by Lazysk8r2 »

Heres an updated tune and datalogs. gotta run my fuel pressure gauge into the cabin. But when its doing it and i park and jump out of my car and its still lean my pressure is 43.
Attachments
not doing it.s3d
(7.17 MiB) Downloaded 161 times
messup2.s3d
(2.11 MiB) Downloaded 135 times
messup1.s3d
(1.14 MiB) Downloaded 150 times
Handy-e85.skl
(44.64 KiB) Downloaded 164 times
Street Tuner/Dyno Tuner
Lazysk8r2

Post by Lazysk8r2 »

So still trying to figure this out. Does my board look okay, i noticed some light brown spots on it.
Attachments
photo.JPG
photo.JPG (657.12 KiB) Viewed 10934 times
Street Tuner/Dyno Tuner
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

looks completely normal
Lazysk8r2

Post by Lazysk8r2 »

I changed back to the stock ignition and it ran fine, can i get a RMA number to send my CPR box in.
Street Tuner/Dyno Tuner
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

What you have described does not sound like any issue with the CPR. What exactly is happening and what has been done to the car....list everything including the harness.
Lazysk8r2

Post by Lazysk8r2 »

Car: 200 Honda civic Si
Engine: B18c1/B16 piston,rod turbo motor
ECU: P28 w/s300 V3 chipped by Slowmotion Motorsports
Tuned by: Phearable

Harness: stock si harness. boomslang jumper harness. ID2000 clips and extended IAT to obd1 location
Battery relocated to trunk 2 gauge power wire, 2 gauge ground to spare tire bolt, paint removed from it.

Ignition Hondata CPR harness, box, K20 coils: tried A21 and A22 same results. Bkr7e spark plugs. Tried moving ground from thermostat to various parts of the chassis.

Grounds: a 4gauge wire from trans to chassis, a 4gauge from head to shock tower chassis, a 8 gauge from valve cover bolt to chassis.

Fuel: walbro 416 ID2000 -6an feed 10micron fuel filter. Had the injectors sent to ID for cleaning and testing results were excellent.

Items iv replaced:
ignition switch/ harness
main relay (twice)
Engine harness
Jumper harness
ECU
went from s300V1 to V3
Distributor

I put stock ignition back in and drove it fine for a week.

Car has fuel pressure while all this is going on.

The car dies and does this sometimes: What happens is the car will start running lean when it wants, however in the past months it has started to just die and wont turn back on for a couple minutes. IE doing what the video is showing.
http://vimeo.com/106842025?email_id=Y2x ... urce=email
Attachments
Engine bay
Engine bay
IMG_0205.PNG (278.35 KiB) Viewed 10920 times
Ground has been shortened and the paint filed down on the spare tire hole.
Ground has been shortened and the paint filed down on the spare tire hole.
IMG_0033.JPG (99.6 KiB) Viewed 10920 times
Street Tuner/Dyno Tuner
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

That video appears to show a fueling problem when cold. Almost as if the fuel pump is not running after it starts and it then runs out of fuel. This is not a CPR issue and if you send it here I'm certain I could run it for a week or more and find no faults with it.

I can see by the gauge that the engine is cold. What fuel are you running? When it does this, what is the battery voltage at the ECU? The odyssey batteries are notorious for low cranking voltage, and this will be even worse with relocating the battery.
Lazysk8r2

Post by Lazysk8r2 »

Im currently uploading new videos, i just put the stock ignition back in and only changed the cpr setting as proof that its the cpr.
Street Tuner/Dyno Tuner
Lazysk8r2

Post by Lazysk8r2 »

here is a video with cpr starting and dieing.

https://vimeo.com/106877046

this video all i did was put the stock ignition back in and changed the cpr setting. stays running.

https://vimeo.com/106877172
Street Tuner/Dyno Tuner
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Can you try your CPR box in someone else's car that has a CPR? If the CPR box were at fault and it stopped working the car would shut off instantly as there would be no spark. You car is not shutting off instantly, it is slowly loosing RPM and then probably runs out of fuel or stalls.

I have also noticed that you have dead times for stock injectors, yet you have 2200cc injectors. This in addition to the small relocated battery is probably causing a problem when you have 4 coils drawing more power.

First you need to set your dead times correctly for the injectors you have. Then you need to adjust the fuel tables to get it to idle at the right AF ratio. YOu may also need a larger battery, or it needs to be closer to the engine bay.
Lazysk8r2

Post by Lazysk8r2 »

i currently dont have anyones car to try my box in.

That is not my current tune, this is it. once warmed up idles 14.7.
Attachments
e85_turbo.skl
(44.17 KiB) Downloaded 149 times
Street Tuner/Dyno Tuner
Lazysk8r2

Post by Lazysk8r2 »

Tried my cpr box in another car worked fine. Also tried my ecu in his car worked fine. Changed my battery to a full size one still does it. I'm so confused at so why the cpr causes my car to run lean and die and the dizzy will run fine. Any ideas on what to check with a multi meter? I'd really not like to part my car as iv been building it for years.
Street Tuner/Dyno Tuner