Bluetooth connection w/ iOS 8.1.2 + GUI Bugs

2012+ US/Canadian Civic Si / 2013+ ILX
Pir8pete

Bluetooth connection w/ iOS 8.1.2 + GUI Bugs

Post by Pir8pete »

I have FlashPro Serial# 111228 updated using the newest beta 2.0.0 and can not connect using Bluetooth w/ iPhone 6 iOS 8.1.2. The phone doesn't discover the FlashPro, and the FlashPro doesn't see the iPhone, I have it enabled and checked off allow tuning as well. So could be wrong?
Last edited by Pir8pete on Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Bluetooth will not connect w/ iOS 8.1.2

Post by Hondata »

When you say the phone can't see the FlashPro, where is this? Many people try to pair their phones to the FlashPro, when you don't need to do this.
Update the Hondata Mobile app as Apple changed bluetooth when iOS 8 first came out and we had to do an update.
Hondata
Pir8pete

Post by Pir8pete »

Cars Navi. connects, but nothing shows up from the FlashPro, it's like it's not actually enabled/active! fw bug?

ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Just some minor things I've noticed; The button for [Traction control] needs alittle more spacing at the edges of the word from the boarders, looks cramped. Also where we put are personal info that paragraph explaining the details and password required for changing it is cramped too by the name box. see pictures...
Pir8pete

Post by Pir8pete »

UPDATE:

It finally connected after a reboot of the FlashPro, After the successful connection I set a Pin and rebooted my phone and flashPro again, and it never prompted for the pin on the phone, it just connected like it did the first time. So I then added and limit access by device's MAC of the phone to feel safe. Should I be worried that anyone could connect?

I also noticed this morning I could not connect to the flashPro with my laptop till i powered down the FlashPro by completely disconnecting it from the car and the laptop. power down, cold boot. Before I did this I rebooted the laptop and it still would not connect, just had that red X. only green check was for divers. Also disconnected and reconnected the usb with no luck. fw bug?

UPDATED AGAIN:

I noticed that the only way after rebooting the FlashPro to connect again is to open the app, click on disconnect then go to reconnect and select the FlashPro again ;/. I thought a Bluetooth device stays in the phone's memory like it does for the cars Navi to auto reconnect? And when it is connected there no (i) info button that opens another window on the phone to see the device details?

ImageImage
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Bluetooth connection w/ iOS 8.1.2 + GUI Bugs

Post by Hondata »

You're trying to do two different things - connect to the FlashPro from a laptop, and connect to the FlashPro from iOS.

Connecting to the FlashPro from you laptop - from your screenshots there is no local Bluetooth radio which windows recognizes. See the help file about Bluetooth stacks. http://www.hondata.com/help/flashpro/bl ... etails.htm

Connecting to the FlashPro from iOS - this used Bluetooth low energy, which does not use PIN codes or paring.

As to the text spacing, from the Help, About window can you tell me what the font & screen DPI are?
Hondata
Pir8pete

Post by Pir8pete »

Hondata wrote:You're trying to do two different things - connect to the FlashPro from a laptop, and connect to the FlashPro from iOS.

Connecting to the FlashPro from you laptop - from your screenshots there is no local Bluetooth radio which windows recognizes. See the help file about Bluetooth stacks. http://www.hondata.com/help/flashpro/bl ... etails.htm

Connecting to the FlashPro from iOS - this used Bluetooth low energy, which does not use PIN codes or paring.

As to the text spacing, from the Help, About window can you tell me what the font & screen DPI are?

-I'm only using Bluetooth to connect to my iPhone. At the same time I may have my laptop plugged in using the USB too. I think that option to use a pin should have been used with all Bluetooth devices as anyone with a iPhone can download that app in range can connect to the car!

odd issue:
-When I use FlashPro to flash the ECU by holding the program button down, it goes about half way then just stopped leaving the car unusable/won't start "failed upload". I've unplugged the FlashPro and check the connector and plugged it back in to tried again, same thing happens a few times then it finally works.
-Also the USB will not turn on sometimes, need to unplug and replug a few times for the led light to come on. If the led light doesn't come on then it says on the red X to say that it's not connected.

-Screen size is 120, all 3 showed the same issue. a Laptop using win8.1, and 2 desktops using win7 work and home. I'm surprised no one has noticed/mentioned this.
Pir8pete

Post by Pir8pete »

Here's a video of the flash process stopping half way. so far it's done it every time at least once

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yq10ffxA1I
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

I think that option to use a pin should have been used with all Bluetooth devices as anyone with a iPhone can download that app in range can connect to the car!
Bluetooth Low Energy does not support PIN codes. Apple does not allow us to use regular Bluetooth, so we have to use BLE.
It is 120 dpi but what font is used?

If the upload does not work can you tell us the exact message you get when it fails?
Hondata
Pir8pete

Post by Pir8pete »

Here's the screen info, this is the windows standard settings that not many ppl play with, so like i said I don't know how this would have been missed. see screenshot below;

as for the error msg when uploading; when I plug it into the desktop pc after a failed attempt it's says "upload failed check pin connector"

Here's a thought;
I had this feeling it's because the voltage is too low with everything running and dropping the connection, so this morning I turned everything off and it worked the first time. I will try doing this procedure and report back.

On 2013 and 2014's we have the heated seats, and on 2012+ there's the auto headlights + dome light + touch screen/i-MID + all the extra accessories on when programming that put a drain on the bat to around 10 volts.

Now if this is the case whata pain in the ass it's going to be turning everything off every time i need to flash the ecu. I can see the headlights and heated seats but all the other accessories no way. I may try the yellowtop optima battery and uncheck that economy option for the battery so i does a Constance charge while running.
Pir8pete

Post by Pir8pete »

can you add the date and time column to the datelog section. see screenshot below;

Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Can you give the complete error code? It should say something about a step number and address.

The error code probably is not to do with battery voltage; it could be the write enable voltage. In any case the error code will tell.

The 2012+ vehicle have a problem where the alternator runs at 12.5V almost all the time. This is not enough to charge the battery. Switching on the headlights changes the alternator to 14V, and the battery will charge. After reflashing I run the car with the headlights on for 30 minutes or so.
Pir8pete wrote:can you add the date and time column to the datelog section.
The FlashPro does not keep track of the date and time.
Hondata
Pir8pete

Post by Pir8pete »

ImageImage
ImageImage

I have an issue where the upload failed so I hooked it up to my desktop and the manager to get the read out for you guys and it prompted me to update to 2.0.1.0 from 2.0.0.0 so I did, then it told me i needed to reupload the .cal because it updated the fw on the flashpro so i deleted the .cal and now it's saying it doesn't take that kinda .cal for my car. or any car on the list.

Car will not start cuz of the failed flash upload and i'm unable to upload a .cal to the flashpro to fix the car. Never delete a cal on a fail or it will need a laptop to get it going again, oops. Could you build in a safeguard where if on a failed flash we are unable to delete that .cal off the flashpro with a message that says something like "can not delete calibration till successfully flashed to vehicle" as this would avoid the need of a laptop to get things going again. and also have the flashpro unit not allow it's fw to be updated by the manager of a failed upload to a vehicle too, unit till successful. Could this be implemented ?
Pir8pete

Post by Pir8pete »

My unit is constantly failing uploading to the cars ECU while using just the flashpro? This never happened on my 8thgen and it's version of flashpro, so whats the matter with this one? it's making flashing cal.'s a major pain in the a$$ having to power cycle the power 3-4 times and then it finally catches and completes
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

It is not related to the software version or deleting calibrations from the FlashPro.

You can narrow it down by unlocking and trying your FlashPro in another vehicle, or if you want you can send the FlashPro back to us for testing. Contact support@hondata.com for an RMA is you wish to do this.
Hondata