06~11 R18A CIVCI wideband input to tune

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
newpassport

06~11 R18A CIVCI wideband input to tune

Post by newpassport »

Hi
My car is 06 R18A CIVIC,How to input wideband to tune the car and close loop.The manager do not have any setting funtion.Should i wring the sensor just like si?
Thanks
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: 06~11 R18A CIVCI wideband input to tune

Post by Spunkster »

You cannot use a aftermarket wideband to run in closed loop. The R18 does not allow for an aftermarket wideband input as there are no unused inputs available on the ECU.
newpassport

Post by newpassport »

how to autotune
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

newpassport

Post by newpassport »

Spunkster wrote:Have you read the information at: http://www.hondata.com/help/flashpro/au ... b=autotune
I can stock o2 sensor to autotune.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

The stock sensor is a wideband and can be used.
CyberJumper37

Post by CyberJumper37 »

On the R18 you should be able to use the A23 ECU pin as a wideband input for the aftermarket analog output wire, but the Electronic Load Detector (ELD) must be disabled.
http://www.hondata.com/help/flashpro/in ... ectors.htm

From what I understand, the stock oxygen sensor tracks AFRs from about 12.0:1 to 19.0:1? And this range can be shifted to account for richer or leaner values, so an AFR min of 11.5 would have a max of about 18.5 if I'm correct.

So it seems the only use for an aftermarket wideband sensor would be for the gauge itself. If you really need a gauge (and don't want to disable ELD) perhaps you might just use it without the analog output wire.

Of course the next question is where do you place the aftermarket sensor. If it's inserted into the exhaust after the converter it will be less accurate but I guess it's better than nothing. Or you could use the Hondata app (w/ bluetooth) and put your phone on the dash, lol.
newpassport

Post by newpassport »

CyberJumper37 wrote:On the R18 you should be able to use the A23 ECU pin as a wideband input for the aftermarket analog output wire, but the Electronic Load Detector (ELD) must be disabled.
http://www.hondata.com/help/flashpro/in ... ectors.htm

From what I understand, the stock oxygen sensor tracks AFRs from about 12.0:1 to 19.0:1? And this range can be shifted to account for richer or leaner values, so an AFR min of 11.5 would have a max of about 18.5 if I'm correct.

So it seems the only use for an aftermarket wideband sensor would be for the gauge itself. If you really need a gauge (and don't want to disable ELD) perhaps you might just use it without the analog output wire.

Of course the next question is where do you place the aftermarket sensor. If it's inserted into the exhaust after the converter it will be less accurate but I guess it's better than nothing. Or you could use the Hondata app (w/ bluetooth) and put your phone on the dash, lol.

The problem is no setting function in the fpmanager