Best wideband for kpro4

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
conalmcn

Best wideband for kpro4

Post by conalmcn »

Hi I'm getting my pra converted with kpro4 next week and want to run a wideband aswell. I've seen some threads on here about the aem not working very well so sold the aem kit I had. What is the best recommended wideband kit to run? Btw the car is a uk ep3 with a custom turbo kit.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Best wideband for kpro4

Post by Spunkster »

We recommend the widebands from PLX Devices. They have several different options but they all work well.
conalmcn

Post by conalmcn »

Thanks would the dm6 be a good option?
curtusz

Post by curtusz »

Maybe you saw my posts with the aem the aem works very well with the kpro but lacks digital input support but don't let this put you off ive had incredible success with the new kpro4 closedloop wide-open throttle aem and Hondata are very compatible... Can't really comment on other devices as I've never used them but as a fellow UK user aem does actually work great.... But let me know how you get on with your choice
olivenoire

Post by olivenoire »

Can you confirm AEM is only analogic compatible and no digital???
Ep3 eudm
K20a turbo
Kpro v4
The unwanted AEM 30.4100 WB AFR
curtusz

Post by curtusz »

Yes Hondata confirmed that on one of my posts where I was trying different ground spots because of the fluctuations on the a/f when I upgraded to kpro4 I was planning on using the digital inputs but in the end I ended up using analogue because I got it really steady... The conclusion that I came out with is that the gauge is slow to read compared to the signal going to analog inputs so maybe this is why u see a voltage offset but I tried so many different ground spots and there was no change so I didn't see no need to offset the lambda voltage as kmanager is crazy fast to even try to calibrate but it was close enough for me
olivenoire

Post by olivenoire »

Thank you for your feedback

I will stay with o v offset, seems not bad and clearly maybe this input is faster than the gauge

Just need to find how to use autotune and everything will be fine
Ep3 eudm
K20a turbo
Kpro v4
The unwanted AEM 30.4100 WB AFR
curtusz

Post by curtusz »

Don't worry I'm watching your post as I'm interested I. This too
conalmcn

Post by conalmcn »

I had an aem originally and sold it as I read on here it wasn't very compatible. I wont be using it for tuning much more so to keep check on things as i'll be running over 400bhp so want to make sure the fuelling is always ok, but I would like it as an option. Just stuck between plx dm-6 and innovate mtx-l
conalmcn

Post by conalmcn »

Ordered a plx dm-6 gen 4. Hopefully get it fitted this weekend. Does anyone know if it makes a difference what order I place the wideband sensor as I am going to retain the two factory sensors, or is it recommended to remove them?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

IT all depends on how you have it hooked up and if you plan to run closed loop from the aftermarket wideband or from the factory sensor.
conalmcn

Post by conalmcn »

ive no idea as I really don't know which is the best method. I have two ports on the exhaust I can add a third but ideally would like to stick with the two. I was originally going to leave it as it is but if its recommended to run of the wideband then I would do that instead.
Fro

Post by Fro »

curtusz wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:18 pm Yes Hondata confirmed that on one of my posts where I was trying different ground spots because of the fluctuations on the a/f when I upgraded to kpro4 I was planning on using the digital inputs but in the end I ended up using analogue because I got it really steady... The conclusion that I came out with is that the gauge is slow to read compared to the signal going to analog inputs so maybe this is why u see a voltage offset but I tried so many different ground spots and there was no change so I didn't see no need to offset the lambda voltage as kmanager is crazy fast to even try to calibrate but it was close enough for me
Apologies for the thread resurrection! I'm very new to Hondata and also UK based, Can you advise on the connecting the AEM to Kpro4, I've read the 0-5v on the ECU and wideband work opposite from each other?

Thanks
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

IF you want to run in closed loop you should connect the analog output from the wideband controller to one of the analog inputs on the K-Pro board and then set it up for that wideband in the analog inputs section of parameters.
curtusz

Post by curtusz »

Check through this post i made a diy its old so i dont know how relevent it is now

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=18380&start=15