Fuel Meter Problems

FlashPro Manager software
Jim_H

Fuel Meter Problems

Post by Jim_H »

Hi!
I tune a lot of Hondas here in Sweden and have tuned a lot of FN2's. Never had any problems with the FlashPro at all, but the two latest FN2's I've tuned have had the fuel meter problem that I understood was common when using the race calibrations. But I have never used them and haven't had a single FN2 with this problem before. This last one I tuned was also a map that I had done like a year ago so I continued on that same map, and just changed the regular fuel, ign, and VTC tables during the tuning process but this time there was the fuel meter problem. Can it have something to do with the latest versions of Flashpro Manager?

Specs of the car:
RRC intake
Injen Cold Air intake
Tegiwa header and exhaust
FD2 throttle body

Sorry I can't get a datalog of the problem but I will attach the cal.
Currently using FlashPro manager 2.2.1.0

Many thanks. Best Regards Jim @ Jim's Tuning
Last edited by Jim_H on Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Fuel Meter Problems

Post by Spunkster »

You are using a Race calibration and it does not work properly with the fuel gauge. You will need to use regular FN2 calibration then enable map based tuning in the calibration if you want it to work correctly.
Jim_H

Post by Jim_H »

Think it's strange that the same map has worked with the fuel meter before. Will try with another base map and copy and paste my tables.
civicRSA

Post by civicRSA »

Jim_H wrote:Think it's strange that the same map has worked with the fuel meter before. Will try with another base map and copy and paste my tables.
Fuel gauge has NEVER worked correctly with Race calibrations on a FN2!
R-12914

Post by R-12914 »

But of course, it was different on a race calibration, before this change (as follows bold/italic) has come:

V2.2.3 (15 May 2015)

· [RDX] Fixed cylinder ignition compensation label
· [RDX] Added factory boost limit min rpm and max ignition retard.
· [2006-2011 Civic Type R] Added fuel consumption and fuel used datalog sensors.
· [2006-2011 Civic Type R, 07-08 TSX] Added trip meter fuel injector size.

· USB drivers updated to v1.0.3 (Microsoft Hardware Certified)

Before this change, the fuel gauge although went unproportional to zero, but as empty it was right.
Now, after this change, the fuel gauge although even went unproportional to zero and if the spare bulb is light up, the fuel gauge goes to zero (or is at the bottom of the ground), fit loosely 10-15 liters in the tank!

That was not before this change 100%!

With a race-Map (MAP) so it no longer works!
With a normal map (MAF), but it works perfectly!

That's what I've been trying to explain Hondata, but apparently Hondata wanted this not hear as improving and sold me as stupid, even though I had created with them a solution to this problem, along with the normal Maps (MAF) in conjunction with the FN2!

I find this a bit sad and disrespectful towards to me!
2008 Honda Civic TypeR FN2
Rotrex C30-94 supercharged with relocated IAT