Datalogs do not appear in Datalogging window

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
wagon-r

Datalogs do not appear in Datalogging window

Post by wagon-r »

I have an S300 v2. I started datalogging a few days ago. The problem I have having is that the datalogs do not appear in the Datalogging Tab/Window, so I cannot save them (although I can export the last recording - see below).

Attached is a screen shot showing the problem.
Honda datalogger.png
Honda datalogger.png (37.68 KiB) Viewed 3378 times
The window on the third row shows that the S300 has recorded 8.829 seconds of data. But the Datalogging tab does not list any recordings and the Datalogging Capacity says "0k" has been used. I read through the S300 User Guide and it does not say I need to do anything else for the recordings to appear in the tab.

Confirming that the recordings have actually occurred, I can "Export" the last recording and a perfectly good .csv file will be created, with 20 frames per second. I have opened three of these in Excel so far. However, only the latest recording gets exported - any earlier recordings disappear.

Any suggestions on how to get the recordings to appear in the Datalogging Tab.?
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Datalogs do not appear in Datalogging window

Post by Hondata »

How are you datalogging? With a laptop or using on board datalogging?
Hondata
wagon-r

Post by wagon-r »

Thanks! I completely missed the tab to enable "On-Board Datalogging" under Parameters. This explains why I didn't get Recordings in the Datalogging window.

However, your question implies that I can datalog directly to a laptop. How do I set this up? Or is this just what I have already been doing, exporting after each datalogging event?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

To datalog directly to the laptop just use 'Datalog' -> 'Datalog' or press F10, when the ignition is on and the USB connected.
Hondata
wagon-r

Post by wagon-r »

That's exactly what I have been doing. But it appears that I must save or export each recording before I start the next recording, or I will lose the data. Is this correct, or is there some way to save multiple recordings after the fact?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

No, they just stack up under the datalog window and you can save them later.
Hondata
forevertrj

Post by forevertrj »

under the settings and the last tab you can set datalogs to auto increment, so if you press f9 to start/stop data logging, when you start a new one it auto saves the old one to a designated folder you wish to have them saved to, and will start a fresh new file and save that one automatically when you stop the data log. go under menu(options) --> Settings --> last tab is Datalog
wagon-r

Post by wagon-r »

Got it. Thanks.