Very large datalog

FlashPro Manager software
dinoc

Very large datalog

Post by dinoc »

Hi,

I've noticed sometimes when doing datalog the size of the log file is huge.
Usually when dataloging 20-25 min the size of the log is ~ 2-4 Megabytes.
But yesterday I made a longer datalog for 45min and the resulted log file was abnormally high like 400 Megabytes.
It happened to me twice out of 100 datalogs.
I put a datalog like this here (is a zip archived): https://www.dropbox.com/s/8o4ovdf553hxr ... g.zip?dl=0
The log was made with the Flashpro unit only (not with the laptop) with the default fast settings.

Do you guys have encountered such issue?

I have the Bluetooth Flashpro unit.
Euro Honda Accord CL9
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Very large datalog

Post by Hondata »

Normally FlashProManager compresses datalogs. However, once the datalogs reach a certain size (around 400 MB), Windows does not have enough memory to compress the datalog so the datalog is saved uncompressed. That's why you see a big jump in size.
Hondata
dinoc

Post by dinoc »

Good to know, thank you!
Euro Honda Accord CL9
R3KONT3K

Post by R3KONT3K »

so is there a way to compress it? - my tuner (VitViper) only allows 50mb uploads (ill see what he can do at the moment to receive it) - but I've done it twice now with 20-25 min drives and file size is 408,469kb compared to a similar upload (last week) 20-min drive but was only 4,376kb?

also before uploading and data logging this tune - I did update FP Manager
typer86

Post by typer86 »

Yes I can confirm this too!
If the datalog is bigger then 22 or 24 minutes it will be saved without compression.
FYI I have 8gb of ram in my windows 10 surface4 and 5 or 4gb are free ...

Few Version ago I could record 35minutes including compression
R3KONT3K

Post by R3KONT3K »

yeah same here - I could easily do 25 mins of aggressive driving and have the file compressed automatically

seems like I'm going to have to roll back my version or something

I did two datalogs 1-23mins , 1-15mins - all came in huge and uncompressed - so.....yeah
R3KONT3K

Post by R3KONT3K »

Hondata wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:56 am Normally FlashProManager compresses datalogs. However, once the datalogs reach a certain size (around 400 MB), Windows does not have enough memory to compress the datalog so the datalog is saved uncompressed. That's why you see a big jump in size.

before update to 2.9.0.0 I could easily do 25 mins of aggressive driving and have the file compressed automatically

I did two datalogs 1-23mins , 1-15mins - all came in huge and uncompressed

same pc throughout tuning process - i5, 16/gb-ram, win10

is there anything I can try - (2.9.1.1) just hit so i'll maybe try to re-log again and see what happens - but Vit' can't accept my tune at all when uncompressed.

thank you in advance
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

If you are using a 64bit version of Windows, try this:

Right click on the shortcut you are using to launch FlashPro manager, and click properties, then under target, change "FlashProManager.exe" to "FlashProManager64.exe".
R-12914

Post by R-12914 »

Spunkster wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:26 pm If you are using a 64bit version of Windows, try this:

Right click on the shortcut you are using to launch FlashPro manager, and click properties, then under target, change "FlashProManager.exe" to "FlashProManager64.exe".
I have already try this, but it makes no differences in the size of the datalogs!
2008 Honda Civic TypeR FN2
Rotrex C30-94 supercharged with relocated IAT