ECT and IAT - not visible in HDS

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2007-2008 US TSX
dinoc

ECT and IAT - not visible in HDS

Post by dinoc »

I have a CL9 with 07 TSX ECU and Flashpro map and I've noticed something weird.
Using Honda HDS (Honda Diagnostic System) with HIM interface, the ECT and IAT sensors are not updating (both are stuck ECT to -40 degree Celsius and IAT to 47 degree Celsius).

When using Flashpro interface both ECT and IAT are properly working/updating.

Any idea why the HDS don't see these? Is this related to Flashpro firmware?
Attachments
Screenshot_2016-06-10-20-21-46.png
Screenshot_2016-06-10-20-21-46.png (643.08 KiB) Viewed 6727 times
IMG_20160610_195144.jpg
IMG_20160610_195144.jpg (1.24 MiB) Viewed 6728 times
Euro Honda Accord CL9
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: ECT and IAT - not visible in HDS

Post by Hondata »

Probably the HDS is not detecting the ECU type correctly.
Hondata
dinoc

Post by dinoc »

It was related to serial connector from HDS - HDS reads those fine with a proper connection.
Attachments
IMG_20160614_220026.jpg
IMG_20160614_220026.jpg (1.18 MiB) Viewed 6708 times
Euro Honda Accord CL9
dinoc

Post by dinoc »

Well ... I've jumped in conclusion too fast, it looks like the HDS doesn't have any issue. I've tried another HDS (the one from the Honda dealer) it behaves the same.

I've made a video to illustrate the anomalies I'm seeing:
https://youtu.be/sIfJkNdw3pc

First time when you connect the HDS, several parameters are not read by the HDS (ECT, IAT, MAP, INJ, CLV, BARO, etc ...)
If I disconnect the cable between HDS and PC and restore it, the HDS will start to update those parameters not read previously , which is a very strange behavior ... (remember I didn't touch the car , the DLC, or something else, and this happens with the official Honda dealer HDS also, not just with mine).

Also the IDLE Learn parameter is always in Learning, which is strange also. I did several Idle relearns by the book, clean the TB, clear the TP position using HDS, reset the PCM, and did the idle relearn by the book, but that IDLE PARAMETER will always remains in Learning state.

But my idle is fine, is not bouncing or something, it doesn't drop lower than it should and so on ...

So to many odds things above for me ... not sure what to conclude?

The Flashpro seems fine it reads every parameter every time, just the HDS doesn't.
I'm wondering why:
- is it because the Flashpro reads the parameters via CANBUS, and
- HDS reads them by KLINE?
- isn't the US ECU incompatible with the HDS on the EURO CL9?

Something else? (I'm out of ideas)

Should I be concern about that IDLE LEARN showing Learning, with my Flashpro map, while the idle seems fine and stable?

How should I treat all the above issues?
Euro Honda Accord CL9
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Hondata wrote:Probably the HDS is not detecting the ECU type correctly.
Hondata
dinoc

Post by dinoc »

Yes I understood that, but it was that thing that confused me (which I discovered later), when you disconnect the cable from PC to HDS and plug it back it makes the HDS display the sensors that previously were not displayed (those steps from the video), which made me think that it might be something else going on ... not to mention to IDLE LEARN parameter which is always in Learning or Not Complete despite of many IDLE relearn made or TB clean and clear TP position with HDS and made another IDLE Relearn and so on and so forth ... to many variables confuses you...

Anyway ... will it be possible to see the IDLE LEARN parameter status in Flashpro and the FAN Switch ON/OFF? (It might be useful when you want to do an Idle Relearn).
Euro Honda Accord CL9
CKnight90

Post by CKnight90 »

dinoc wrote:Anyway ... will it be possible to see the IDLE LEARN parameter status in Flashpro and the FAN Switch ON/OFF? (It might be useful when you want to do an Idle Relearn).
That's be nice to have.